Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Star Fox 2- Titania [2a03] Owner: Bari10 New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Star Fox 2- Titania [2a03] Posted: 2014-02-09 21:55  (Last Edited: 2014-02-10 23:24) Reply | Quote
Bari10

Avatar

Member for: 5518 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#54230
I was bored this morning, so I dug around in my SPC folder, found this song, and thought it sounded kinda Mega Man-ish, so I tried it out. I didn't cover the second part of the song since it didn't have that same feel, but that does shorten the song a little much for my liking. (Being honest, the 2nd half makes me think more of the MMX games, and I think there was a Sigma stage that sounded somewhat like it, but Iunno.)

Please let me know what you think!

Edit: Fixed some minor stuff with effects.
Edit 2: Cleaned up instruments.

_______________________
Please, call me Scooblee.
My Stuff:
SC |YT | Steam |
dA
Attachments:
star_fox_2_titania.ftm (11 Kb)
Posted: 2014-02-10 05:53 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#54234
Edit > Clean up > Remove unused instruments

Other than that, good work. This is a pretty good classical 2a03 tune for sure.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2014-02-10 12:23 Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5053 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#54238
He used my Mega Man instruments (I have nothing against that), so I don't think he should remove them in case someone else wants to use them.

Anyway, good cover.

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2014-02-10 23:27  (Last Edited: 2014-02-10 23:29) Reply | Quote
Bari10

Avatar

Member for: 5518 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#54246
jrlepage wrote:
Edit > Clean up > Remove unused instruments

Other than that, good work. This is a pretty good classical 2a03 tune for sure.


I just used Warheart's instruments and didn't clean up, which I usually do, but I forgot this time. That's fixed. (30 Kb to 11 Kb, too, which was an unexpectedly large change in file size.) Also, thanks.

_______________________
Please, call me Scooblee.
My Stuff:
SC |YT | Steam |
dA
Posted: 2014-02-11 01:16  (Last Edited: 2014-02-11 01:16) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#54255
Warheart wrote:
He used my Mega Man instruments (I have nothing against that), so I don't think he should remove them in case someone else wants to use them.

You wanting your 15 minutes of fame isn't a good enough reason to leave 20+ kB of unused data in a Famitracker module. :p

A simple note in the comments (something like "Instruments taken from Warheart's Megaman instrument pack") would suffice: it tells the user everything they need to know, i.e. who made the instruments, and what to google if they want the rest of the pack.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2014-02-11 02:53  (Last Edited: 2014-02-11 02:53) Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5053 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#54260
I wasn't aware that instruments would take that much space, so you have a point there.

Wait, you think I'm bragging?
The reason why I haven't uploaded any real instrument packs is because they need more work. I'll probably make a better Mega Man instrument pack in the future and upload the module(s) here or somewhere else. I'm also trying to be as helpful as possible, though 20+ kB unused data is probably not so good.

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2014-02-11 02:59 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#54261
No, I do not think you are bragging.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Page 1 of 1 Sort: