Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Star Fox 2, Earthbound [N163, WIP] Owner: gmfs139 New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Star Fox 2, Earthbound [N163, WIP] Posted: 2014-01-24 23:39  (Last Edited: 2014-01-25 08:18) Reply | Quote
gmfs139



Member for: 5234 days
Status: Offline

#53909
Here's my take on some tracks from Star Fox 2!
So far, I only have the opening, opening cutscene, title theme, and records screen 100% completed in this FTM soundtrack.

Also, as an added bonus, is an additional FTM I made of some selections from the soundtrack of EarthBound (SNES)... It's one of my very early attempts at programming the Namco-163, so please keep that in mind!

Any feedback on either would be great!

EDIT: Re-uploaded the Star Fox 2 FTM with fixed instruments, and a complete Title theme!


Attachments:
earthboundn163.ftm (85 Kb)
sf2a.ftm (48 Kb)
Posted: 2014-01-25 02:00 Reply | Quote
Glitch_King

Avatar

Member for: 5286 days
Location: California
Status: Offline

#53911
KEEP WORKING ON THESE!! really good, great job.

_______________________
Some other sites I have made shelter on...
Ye Youtube
Ye Chipmusic
Ye BotB
Posted: 2014-01-25 02:04  (Last Edited: 2014-01-25 02:04) Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5053 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#53912
Mother for the win!
I really like the sound of the instruments, but some of them have too many unnecessary waveforms, so I suggest you delete some of them. The DPCM feels very weird in your Earthbound soundtrack, I assume they're not from the game? If the samples are from the game, then I apologize, I just remember them being more silent.

Other than that, good job

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2014-01-25 03:56  (Last Edited: 2014-01-25 04:00) Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5658 days
Status: Offline

#53914
Nice work so far. Though:

You're using N163 instruments with multiple waveforms. Good, but the way you have things set up, each channel playing the same instrument is causing the wave RAM to overwrite, making popping noises. This is especially noticeable with your SF2 Records cover; compare the attached with your original.

This isn't a big problem with the other covers, though, so I'm mostly nitpicking... Warheart summed up the more noticeable issues nicely.


Attachments:
sf2_records_fix.ftm (23 Kb)
Page 1 of 1 Sort: