Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Cave Story Theme Owner: DR0PB33T New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Cave Story Theme Posted: 2014-01-04 03:16 Reply | Quote
DR0PB33T

Avatar

Member for: 5393 days
Location: Garland, Texas
Status: Offline

#53486
Woah, there's a Cave Story bandwagon, and I didn't know?
Here's my thing.


Attachments:
cave_story_theme.ftm (61 Kb)
Posted: 2014-01-04 04:12 Reply | Quote
Ares64

Avatar

Member for: 5439 days
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Status: Offline

#53489
the pizza is aggressive

also i feel bad for not having ever gone back to my cave story thing

Posted: 2014-01-04 05:09  (Last Edited: 2014-01-04 05:10) Reply | Quote
DR0PB33T

Avatar

Member for: 5393 days
Location: Garland, Texas
Status: Offline

#53490
Edit: The forum does not like Zalgo text.

Also I'd like to hear that.

Posted: 2014-01-04 11:53 Reply | Quote
MrKyurem

Avatar

Member for: 4679 days
Status: Offline

#53496
Cave Story is my favourite game of all time, and there's a few mistakes. Not much.

The bass is way too loud, it's not usually noticeable during the verse (if you want to call it that.

There's something wrong in frame 09, it sounds off-key. 02 has a repeated key that shouldn't be repeated (the first three notes). The high-pitched part at 17 is slightly off-key, and it continues throughout the song.

I can't put my finger down and say "No, that C should be an E" or whatever because I'm terrible at composing from listening. Sorreh.

Apart from the small mistakes, very good!

Posted: 2014-01-04 18:21 Reply | Quote
Ares64

Avatar

Member for: 5439 days
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Status: Offline

#53502
i made a thread of it a while back

this is good though

Posted: 2014-01-05 00:34 Reply | Quote
DR0PB33T

Avatar

Member for: 5393 days
Location: Garland, Texas
Status: Offline

#53514
MrKyurem wrote:
The bass is way too loud, it's not usually noticeable during the verse.


Fixed.

MrKyurem wrote:
There's something wrong in frame 09, it sounds off-key.


I don't quite know what you mean. I can't hear anything off in that frame.

MrKyurem wrote:
The high-pitched part at 17 is slightly off-key, and it continues throughout the song.


It's not off key, however it sounds an octave too low, and it's too square-ish.
FamiTracker won't let me play in the register it's in, so it has to be an octave down. I don't know if I like this more or not.

MrKyurem wrote:
Apart from the small mistakes, very good!


Thanks!
Here's an updated version.

Unrelated: Jack Black version of Cave Story, for the lols (not by me):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um4orqQhrmc


Attachments:
cave_story_themeedit.ftm (61 Kb)
Posted: 2014-01-05 01:05  (Last Edited: 2014-01-05 01:06) Reply | Quote
MrKyurem

Avatar

Member for: 4679 days
Status: Offline

#53515
DR0PB33T wrote:
MrKyurem wrote:
The bass is way too loud, it's not usually noticeable during the verse.


Fixed.

Listen to the actual theme, then listen to the intro. Namco 5 is still way too loud.

MrKyurem wrote:
There's something wrong in frame 09, it sounds off-key.


I don't quite know what you mean. I can't hear anything off in that frame.

The first three notes are off.

MrKyurem wrote:
The high-pitched part at 17 is slightly off-key, and it continues throughout the song.


It's not off key, however it sounds an octave too low, and it's too square-ish.
FamiTracker won't let me play in the register it's in, so it has to be an octave down. I don't know if I like this more or not.

MrKyurem wrote:
Apart from the small mistakes, very good!


Thanks!
Here's an updated version.

Unrelated: Jack Black version of Cave Story, for the lols (not by me):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um4orqQhrmc


Posted: 2014-01-13 10:57 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#53687
I stumbled across this NSF and thought I'd record it on my TNS-HFC3. You can download the FLAC here!

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2014-01-30 18:56 Reply | Quote
insomniacovrlrd

Avatar

Member for: 4819 days
Location: US : Florida
Status: Offline

#54043
in 03, namco3, it's supposed to go d#,F F f#, not
d#,d#,d#,f#

That bit just stands out to me. Beyond that it's pretty cool man.

Page 1 of 1 Sort: