Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Silver Surfer Soundtrack [2A03 -> VRC6] Owner: Ares64 New post
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]
Posted: 2013-02-10 23:57 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44251
Hey your own stuff is great.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-02-11 00:11 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#44253
we love you man. Keep trackin'

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2013-02-11 05:02 Reply | Quote
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5710 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44274
I am completely fine with this FTM. I don't see how this is any less "show off your work" than a lot of other cover efforts we've had.

Also Ares64's avatar dances to this one pretty well.

Posted: 2013-02-11 05:13 Reply | Quote
Doxic

Avatar

Member for: 5135 days
Location: California, United States
Status: Offline

#44276
rainwarrior wrote:
Also Ares64's avatar dances to this one pretty well.

This.

_______________________
B00daW wrote: Memes are are like cheese; perishable.
Follow me on SoundCloud! http://soundcloud.com/thislinkisnttaken
Posted: 2013-02-11 05:19  (Last Edited: 2013-02-11 05:19) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44277
rainwarrior wrote:
I am completely fine with this FTM. I don't see how this is any less "show off your work" than a lot of other cover efforts we've had.

It's "show off" all right, but it's not "his work".

Imagine if I took an FTM of yours and just transferred the 2A03 channels to the N163 or something. That wouldn't really qualify as the result of a creative process on my part.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-02-11 19:20 Reply | Quote
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5710 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44319
It's not the most interesting post ever, but he did "something" to the track. It may not be a lot, for the most part just repetitive V0x effects, but it's still something.

Posted: 2013-02-11 20:04 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44324
It's not enough.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-02-11 20:23  (Last Edited: 2013-02-11 20:24) Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#44331
Dwedit wrote:
I didn't like this at all. It looks like you just copy-pasted the square channels, then replaced the duty cycles with something sounding C64-ish. The sound was perfectly fine originally before C64-ifying it.

I suppose double TIA renditions are also pointless? (forgot who made these)

I think moving a tune onto another chip is a neat experiment. It just so happens that this one used the same tracker to do so (and kept the 2A03 noise)

Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]