Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Mega Man 3 Cover Playthrough Owner: Rushjet1 New post
Page 3 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3]
Posted: 2012-12-06 20:13 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#42609
Glitch_King wrote:
Fezuke wrote:
I usually start off with top man, cuz he's really easy with Buster, then just hit shadow man 4 times with the Top move, and he's dead. so Shadow Man is usually the second one I beat.
i think betasword was taking about the original nsf for megaman



LOL I feel pretty stupid now.

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2012-12-07 02:00 Reply | Quote
Glitch_King

Avatar

Member for: 5286 days
Location: California
Status: Offline

#42625
Fezuke wrote:
Glitch_King wrote:
Fezuke wrote:
I usually start off with top man, cuz he's really easy with Buster, then just hit shadow man 4 times with the Top move, and he's dead. so Shadow Man is usually the second one I beat.
i think betasword was taking about the original nsf for megaman



LOL I feel pretty stupid now.
Don't worry, everyone has those moments

Posted: 2012-12-07 16:02 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6573 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#42632
betasword wrote:
Speaking of Boss Rush... Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the order Needle, Magnet, Gemini, Hard, Top, Snake, Spark, Shadow? I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but some of them are hard to tell. Well, mostly just ShadowMan at the end there... But yeah, most excellent indeed. Oh, and the slower version of Wily 3 interspersed in Boss Rush actually sounds really good when put back together, outside of the end part being in a different key out of nowhere. Definitely something I could imagine hearing play in the actual boss rush room between the fights.


This is because shadow man's boss theme actually doesn't incorporate anything from the remix of his stage music - it's just the last (and hardest) original boss so I made it all dramaticish.

The slower version of Wily 3 is transposed up between the boss fights so it matches the key. The part afterwards which is the normal pitch is just the ending fanfare basically, like "you've defeated all the bosses so the pitch goes back to normal" or something.

Posted: 2012-12-08 02:58 Reply | Quote
betasword

Avatar

Member for: 6025 days
Status: Offline

#42650
Rushjet1 wrote:
betasword wrote:
Speaking of Boss Rush... Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the order Needle, Magnet, Gemini, Hard, Top, Snake, Spark, Shadow? I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but some of them are hard to tell. Well, mostly just ShadowMan at the end there... But yeah, most excellent indeed. Oh, and the slower version of Wily 3 interspersed in Boss Rush actually sounds really good when put back together, outside of the end part being in a different key out of nowhere. Definitely something I could imagine hearing play in the actual boss rush room between the fights.


This is because shadow man's boss theme actually doesn't incorporate anything from the remix of his stage music - it's just the last (and hardest) original boss so I made it all dramaticish.

The slower version of Wily 3 is transposed up between the boss fights so it matches the key. The part afterwards which is the normal pitch is just the ending fanfare basically, like "you've defeated all the bosses so the pitch goes back to normal" or something.


Gotcha. It's still incredibly awesome, and I'd still pay top dollar for a version of Megaman 3 that actually used this music. Hell, I already paid for the album. Hahaha

Posted: 2012-12-16 08:11 Reply | Quote
Vanya

Avatar

Member for: 6514 days
Location: Miami, Florida
Status: Offline

#42813
I picked up the mp3s last week on Bandcamp. Wow, man. Just freakin' fantastic. Went right on my phone and I've been listening to it every morning on my way to work.

I love Wily 4, but the Wily Boss track is my favorite by far. Mixing in the Wily Boss theme from MM1 was brilliant! Mad props, bro.

PS- this was the first game music album I actually paid for in like 10 years.

Posted: 2012-12-19 07:34 Reply | Quote
Jrod86

Avatar

Member for: 5800 days
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline

#42846
Loving every second of this Rush!

Page 3 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3]