Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Mega Man 3 Cover Playthrough Owner: Rushjet1 New post
Page 2 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] Next >>
Posted: 2012-12-04 13:36 Reply | Quote
PaulMannIV

Avatar

Member for: 5221 days
Location: Louisville Ky
Status: Offline

#42541
Rushjet1 wrote:
Since this was played back in NotsoFatso the vrc6 is much louder than it should be in FT - I'll go through and reduce volumes at some point and release the ftm/nsf.


Thank you very much! I can't wait to see them <3

_______________________
Smogon, Famitracker, YouTube...
So many places, so little creativity left...
Posted: 2012-12-04 18:19 Reply | Quote
Jan125

Avatar

Member for: 5046 days
Location: Germany
Status: Offline

#42546
Oh. My. God. This is awesome.

Good work!

_______________________
If it is possible in MIDI, it is possible in FT.
Posted: 2012-12-04 20:00 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#42554
Were there several playthrough takes for the vid? Or did you nail that 1-life run on your first go and are just that good?

Posted: 2012-12-04 20:23 Reply | Quote
Dwedit

Avatar

Member for: 6533 days
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline

#42556
The stereo sound sounds great, but the Famicom can't actually do stereo.

Posted: 2012-12-04 20:50 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6573 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#42557
Xyz_39808 wrote:
Were there several playthrough takes for the vid? Or did you nail that 1-life run on your first go and are just that good?


The first 8 robot masters are all one take, kind of. I recorded each one separately but basically just went "pause, save, load new file, record" each time so i wouldn't have one giant video file and/or in case anything crazy like a computer crash happened. Wily stages 1-5 are the same way. Wily stage 6 was done one day before I released it as my old footage was shot with a different program / looked wrong. The DOC stages are different though- Needle Man is the only fully intact one from my original runthrough. I originally did the docs with master weapons, but beat 4 of them with the buster-- then I was like "aw crap I can probably do the buster with practice," so spark/gemini/shadow (especially shadow) doc stages were repeated a few times. Gemini probably took 5-6 tries, Spark took like 3 before I released that I can just get hit by boomerangs every time and still win, and Shadow (wood) took .. I dunno, 20? I actually beat Wood Man the first time while not recording which of course made me pretty annoyed.

Posted: 2012-12-05 01:02 Reply | Quote
jsr
Administrator

Avatar

Member for: 7485 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#42567
This is amazing, good work Rushjet1!

A ROM with replaced music would be really neat, but VRC6 makes it hard.

_______________________
Programmer and developer
Posted: 2012-12-05 01:36 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6573 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#42570
The NSFs (both the original Notso/stereo one and a new mono one) are both included in the bandcamp download now.

Here are the ftms, done in 0.3.7


Attachments:
mm3_voledit.ftm (867 Kb)
mm3.ftm (867 Kb)
Posted: 2012-12-05 04:13 Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5054 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#42573
Rushjet1 wrote:
The NSFs


This is probably one of the best Christmas presents this year! These songs are pure gold.


QUESTION:
If I find one or two interesting DPCM samples, may I use them for my Mega Man 8 covers (or other songs)? Of course I will credit you!

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2012-12-05 10:10  (Last Edited: 2012-12-05 10:15) Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#42579
Lots of great stuff in here. I enjoyed this a lot. And MM3 was the only cartridge I owned when I was a kid, so this OST is engraved in my brain forever. I LOVED what you did with Hard Man and Gemini Man. Actually all the Wily's too. I think Magnet Man is my least favorite, other than that this whole OST is amazing. I am certainly busting this cartridge in my NES tonight!

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2012-12-05 15:45 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6573 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#42583
heheh Magnet Man is the Great Divider, people either love what I did or hate it. Wily 2 however has proven to be like a favorite, which I totally didn't expect.

Posted: 2012-12-05 16:40  (Last Edited: 2012-12-05 16:40) Reply | Quote
DalekSam

Avatar

Member for: 5840 days
Location: United Kingdom, Belfast
Status: Offline

#42584
Swing on Magnet Man was amazing. Swing itself is amazing. Add swing to EVERYTHING. That sounds like a good idea.

On a serious note I absolutely fucking loved Spark Man, Gemini Man and Snake Man - the improvisation part in Top Man I really liked, and the Boss Rush was so fnggnjnfkjgjdfbgkjebgrwerjgwejrh oh god it's everywhere

Proto Man's theme was also a treat to listen to and was one of the few times chip music has given me chills down my spine, so yeah, have my 'serious' post.

Posted: 2012-12-06 08:14 Reply | Quote
betasword

Avatar

Member for: 6025 days
Status: Offline

#42599
Speaking of Boss Rush... Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the order Needle, Magnet, Gemini, Hard, Top, Snake, Spark, Shadow? I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but some of them are hard to tell. Well, mostly just ShadowMan at the end there... But yeah, most excellent indeed. Oh, and the slower version of Wily 3 interspersed in Boss Rush actually sounds really good when put back together, outside of the end part being in a different key out of nowhere. Definitely something I could imagine hearing play in the actual boss rush room between the fights.

Posted: 2012-12-06 09:08 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#42600
I usually start off with top man, cuz he's really easy with Buster, then just hit shadow man 4 times with the Top move, and he's dead. so Shadow Man is usually the second one I beat.

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2012-12-06 15:16 Reply | Quote
Glitch_King

Avatar

Member for: 5286 days
Location: California
Status: Offline

#42603
Fezuke wrote:
I usually start off with top man, cuz he's really easy with Buster, then just hit shadow man 4 times with the Top move, and he's dead. so Shadow Man is usually the second one I beat.
i think betasword was taking about the original nsf for megaman

Posted: 2012-12-06 15:29 Reply | Quote
PaulMannIV

Avatar

Member for: 5221 days
Location: Louisville Ky
Status: Offline

#42605
Rushjet1 wrote:
The NSFs (both the original Notso/stereo one and a new mono one) are both included in the bandcamp download now.

Here are the ftms, done in 0.3.7


HIGH PITCHED SQUEEL!!!!!!!

Anyways, this is the best Christmas ever! <3

_______________________
Smogon, Famitracker, YouTube...
So many places, so little creativity left...
Page 2 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] Next >>