I do it for fun, not precision. It also shows that you have the skill and patience to utilise the thing at a minimalist level for instruments.. and patience in general since you have to paste the same envelope over again.
900 bpm is pro. This is one of the reasons why I don't really like the NSF importer. Now people who do 900 bpm songs will be questioned. But at least these don't look like they used the importer, nor or they from an NES game anyways.
shut up already the world does not revolve around you.
Those are very nice covers, SRES. Not a fan of fullspeed tracking myself but if it works for you, good on ya! And it seems like it does!
EDIT:
Raijin wrote:
This is one of the reasons why I don't really like the NSF importer. Now people who do 900 bpm songs will be questioned.
This is why I hate English-language dictionaries. Now everyone who speaks and writes proper English will be questioned.
Your argument is moot: anyone who knows to appreciate a good fullspeed module (like yourself) will also know to differenciate between one of these and a mere imported NSF anyway. Drowning out manmade fullspeed FTMs in a mass of imported NSFs isn't the point of the importer at all to begin with. The importer is a tool - a microscope for NES music if you will - in much the same way that a dictionary is a tool to help you spell properly and learn more about a language you know.
DUDE I FUCKING KNOW THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND ME.
Then act like it.
kinkinkijkin wrote:
Dude, when are you gonna stop jumping on me about everything, including nice things, as if said with horrid intention
I don't care about the intentions, it's the tone and the way you say it. Your post basically meant: "if you do things differently than me and use copy and paste, then you are wrong and you are an idiot." It doesn't matter if that's what you meant, that's what your post meant, and that's why it strikes me as egocentric - like many, but indeed not all, of your posts do.
And to answer your queswtion, I'm gonna keep 'jumping at you' every time you do it until you stop doing it, because that the kind of responsibilities that come with this little "Moderator" title you see underneath my username. I apologise for having been rude this time and will try to be more polite next time, but in the future you in turn will have to read and re-read your every posts over and over before posting them to make sure you don't - consciously or not - imply that you are the centre of the world.
Dude, misunderstanding my post is one thing, being defensive about it and pretty much calling me an idiot in every way over it is just plain fucking immature.
Oh, fucking look, you brought back the lecture troll I almost got rid of in me. FUCKING. PERFECT.
This is one of the reasons why I don't really like the NSF importer. Now people who do 900 bpm songs will be questioned.
This is why I hate English-language dictionaries. Now everyone who speaks and writes proper English will be questioned.
Your argument is moot: anyone who knows to appreciate a good fullspeed module (like yourself) will also know to differenciate between one of these and a mere imported NSF anyway. Drowning out manmade fullspeed FTMs in a mass of imported NSFs isn't the point of the importer at all to begin with. The importer is a tool - a microscope for NES music if you will - in much the same way that a dictionary is a tool to help you spell properly and learn more about a language you know.
Wow, what a jerk...
If my "argument" is moot, tell that to the one who said it looked like the result of the NSF importer from earlier, not someone with trained eyes like me, which I was hoping to plainly let off with that comment from earlier that you seemed to pick up on. Obviously I said what I said for a reason.
Also, my earlier post looks legible to me. I guess I must be an idiot. Sorry... Even though you obviously understand what I said but evidently you felt the need to say something rather obnoxious about it anyway. Remember, being sarcastic about something isn't the best way to earn respect.
Oh, and you misspelled "differentiate". Good job, might wanna pick up that dictionary you talked about. Look, I can be a jerk too.
If my "argument" is moot, tell that to the one who said it looked like the result of the NSF importer from earlier, not someone with trained eyes like me, which I was hoping to plainly let off with that comment from earlier that you seemed to pick up on. Obviously I said what I said for a reason.
Also, my earlier post looks legible to me. I guess I must be an idiot. Sorry... Even though you obviously understand what I said but evidently you felt the need to say something rather obnoxious about it anyway. Remember, being sarcastic about something isn't the best way to earn respect.
Oh, and you misspelled "differentiate". Good job, might wanna pick up that dictionary you talked about. Look, I can be a jerk too.
Whoa, no need to go down that road, all I'm saying really is don't hate the importer itself, hate those who abuse it and those who don't know any better. Even in the early days of the software you seemed very heavily biased against it, which I felt kinda sad about. I'm just saying look, it's a great piece of software in itself, yes some people who use it should know better and yes it opens up opportunity for abuse but that's not the only side of it.
Whoa, no need to go down that road, all I'm saying really is don't hate the importer itself, hate those who abuse it and those who don't know any better. Even in the early days of the software you seemed very heavily biased against it, which I felt kinda sad about. I'm just saying look, it's a great piece of software in itself, yes some people who use it should know better and yes it opens up opportunity for abuse but that's not the only side of it.
In that case, next time you have something to say to me, don't be such a sarcastic jerk. You could have simply said what you said without the whole dictionary lecture. By the way, that post you linked to didn't give off hating the software. It gave off hating the "wannabes posting modified stuff calling it their work" moreso than anything. Did I mention that I don't hate the NSF Importer? Christ, I'm such a funny guy.
If my "argument" is moot, tell that to the one who said it looked like the result of the NSF importer from earlier,
Don't drag me into this (oh look, you did, whatever i want to comment anyway). I said it "sorta" looked like an NSF import, I mentioned that none of it was from an NES game anyway, and I do indeed respect 900BPM covers, I was just pointing out that AT FIRST GLANCE it looked like an .nsf import. And don't assume that you've got a more 'trained eye' than mine. If you want to go by experience, I've been a member here for over two weeks more than you, and I'd been working with FamiTracker since at least a few months prior. I'd say my eye is more 'trained' than yours, in that respect, but I'm not going to call you out on it because I don't have a batshit superiority complex like the apparent majority of this forum seems to have.
Now, since this is a thread in Show Your Work and not "let's bitch about things to make ourselves look better," maybe we could get back to critiquing and commenting on this guy's work?