Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > The Eleventh [FDS] Owner: mootbooxle New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
The Eleventh [FDS] Posted: 2011-08-22 07:45 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22129
I'm back from my trip...I see I've missed a lot!

Here's a prog rock thing with changing time signatures.
Also a crude attempt at waveform modulation via the FDS channel.

I think this would be good final battle material.

What you think?

<MOOT>


Attachments:
the_eleventh.ftm (21 Kb)
the_eleventh.nsf (18 Kb)
RE: The Eleventh [FDS] Posted: 2011-08-22 12:32 Reply | Quote
Noteverything

Avatar

Member for: 5559 days
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Status: Offline

#22138
I actually kind of like how it turned out with the crude waveform modulation. I think it's an interesting style that would be quite fitting for certain types of games.
e.g. you said you think this would be good final battle material, so maybe it would go nicely with some kind of glitchy robot boss or something?
and just in case you think otherwise this IS supposed to be a compliment

_______________________
Now known as Zephemeros
Posted: 2011-08-22 13:34 Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#22141
'tis kewl

some parts really remind of norrin_radd

RE: The Eleventh [FDS] Posted: 2011-08-22 18:50 Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22150
Sounds good! I liked the FDS modulation and the changing time signatures.

I thought it was a little bit lacking in intensity, but I agree with Noteverything in that the theme could work well in a fight against a glitchy robot boss.

Posted: 2011-08-22 23:14 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22161
Thanks for the feedback y'alls!

@Noteverything I think that's a great idea. I was sorta going for that glitched-out, buffer-underrun sound.

@gyms what's norrin_radd ?

@Shywolf thanks! So you felt like it's *lacking* intensity? Really? How so? How would you suggest building the intensity more?
I'm just curious, because I felt like it was pretty intense.

Peace!
<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-22 23:47 Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22167
I think I got that feeling because the song gets quieter at the end, right before it loops. As it is, it's fine.

Posted: 2011-08-23 01:33 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22176
Shywolf wrote:
I think I got that feeling because the song gets quieter at the end, right before it loops. As it is, it's fine.


My idea with that was to make it feel like when one radio station breaks in on another...it keeps going back and forth through these random-sounding musical detours that kind of dovetail.

That said, I really feel like I could have done more with the tune. Do you ever get to that point in a composition where it's like a crossroads? You could either go on with another section or idea, or you could just have it loop where it's at. It's a tough choice, especially when you've just spent hours on a piece.

<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-23 02:03  (Last Edited: 2011-08-23 02:06) Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22181
mootbooxle wrote:
My idea with that was to make it feel like when one radio station breaks in on another...it keeps going back and forth through these random-sounding musical detours that kind of dovetail.


Ah. Well, I see how both this and all the varying time signatures seem to keep the song "fresh", so it doesn't get boring. How do I explain it? It's a good idea, and for longer battle scenes in which the song would be looping a lot, it would (should!) work well.


mootbooxle wrote:
That said, I really feel like I could have done more with the tune. Do you ever get to that point in a composition where it's like a crossroads? You could either go on with another section or idea, or you could just have it loop where it's at. It's a tough choice, especially when you've just spent hours on a piece.


Yeah, that tends to happen to me, too. Maybe you can make it loop twice, and then on the third loop make it change subtly (different melodies or effects), and then go back? Just an idea.

Posted: 2011-08-23 02:10 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22183


Shywolf wrote:
Yeah, that tends to happen to me, too. Maybe you can make it loop twice, and then on the third loop make it change subtly (different melodies or effects), and then go back? Just an idea.



That's an excellent idea. I wish there was a way to duplicate multiple frames simultaneously. Or is there?
I'm still learning how this here newfangled Famicom Tracker machine works.

<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-23 02:17 Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22184
Doesn't seem to be possible. You should suggest it for v0.3.8.

Posted: 2011-08-23 07:35  (Last Edited: 2012-02-06 07:47) Reply | Quote
Javel



Member for: 5641 days
Status: Offline

#22222
.

Posted: 2011-08-23 12:49 Reply | Quote
Jwh_018

Avatar

Member for: 5523 days
Location: Southern Ohio
Status: Offline

#22239
Very excellent! Perfect final boss theme! You did a great job with the drums - not too much, but still managed to make changing time signatures groove.

I look forward to hearing more of your originals

Posted: 2011-08-23 21:25 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22251
Thanks, you guys.

Javel: You totally "get" what I was going for. Awesome!

Jwh_018: I'm primarily a drummer. Didn't I read somewhere that you are too?

<MOOT>

Page 1 of 1 Sort: