Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Concentration Owner: Bari10 New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Concentration Posted: 2011-08-21 23:55 Reply | Quote
Bari10

Avatar

Member for: 5520 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22106
Hey everyone, what I've got here is my first original that is actually decent. Just leave any ideas, suggestions, and anything else in the comments. Thanks!

_______________________
Please, call me Scooblee.
My Stuff:
SC |YT | Steam |
dA
Attachments:
concentration.ftm (4 Kb)
RE: Concentration Posted: 2011-08-22 01:05 Reply | Quote
yucca70

Avatar

Member for: 5682 days
Location: United States, PA
Status: Offline

#22112
Welcome to the forums!

I think this needs a little less of the constant noise channel, noise sounds better+realistic when you use it for a drum, or a kick, but that wasn't a huge problem.

Also, you have a volume set in triangle, the triangle volume is unaffected by it, only 0/F will affect it. Like and on and off switch

This is a good first song, but you need more variety, During the time I listened to this, it bored me a little.

Sorry if I came off too critical, But this is a OK first try, considering you have a good time signature and know the channels.


_______________________
Day 1147
I've read up on all of my old forum posts, and I can not tell you all how grateful I am to have had your support and feedback in the past
Thanks everyone! Keep on composing :D
~Yuccatosis
Posted: 2011-08-22 03:17 Reply | Quote
Bari10

Avatar

Member for: 5520 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22116
I actually tried to go a different route with this song, but when I cut one part to add the very beginning, I accidentally cut part of that too, and I forgot the part I first cut. So I had to restart and it eventually became this. It would help me much more if I knew how many spaces are needed for certain notes, i.e. half notes, whole notes, etc.

_______________________
Please, call me Scooblee.
My Stuff:
SC |YT | Steam |
dA
Posted: 2011-08-22 04:05 Reply | Quote
yucca70

Avatar

Member for: 5682 days
Location: United States, PA
Status: Offline

#22117
Bari10 wrote:
I actually tried to go a different route with this song, but when I cut one part to add the very beginning, I accidentally cut part of that too, and I forgot the part I first cut. So I had to restart and it eventually became this. It would help me much more if I knew how many spaces are needed for certain notes, i.e. half notes, whole notes, etc.

I think at a speed of 6, 4 rows= a quater note.

Also check out this thread

_______________________
Day 1147
I've read up on all of my old forum posts, and I can not tell you all how grateful I am to have had your support and feedback in the past
Thanks everyone! Keep on composing :D
~Yuccatosis
Posted: 2011-08-22 04:19 Reply | Quote
Bari10

Avatar

Member for: 5520 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22118
Thanks. I also did a little looking myself, but this still helped.

_______________________
Please, call me Scooblee.
My Stuff:
SC |YT | Steam |
dA
Posted: 2011-08-22 12:53 Reply | Quote
DalekSam

Avatar

Member for: 5842 days
Location: United Kingdom, Belfast
Status: Offline

#22140
Just so you know Concentration is already a song name and it's a pretty well known VGM: oh the memories

As for the module itself, it's fucking rubbish, no offense.

Posted: 2011-08-22 22:05  (Last Edited: 2011-08-22 22:06) Reply | Quote
yucca70

Avatar

Member for: 5682 days
Location: United States, PA
Status: Offline

#22155
DalekSam wrote:
As for the module itself, it's fucking rubbish, no offense.

I would replace it with one of action 52s songs any day!
(hinting that it is better than a good half of them)

_______________________
Day 1147
I've read up on all of my old forum posts, and I can not tell you all how grateful I am to have had your support and feedback in the past
Thanks everyone! Keep on composing :D
~Yuccatosis
Posted: 2011-08-23 00:45 Reply | Quote
Bari10

Avatar

Member for: 5520 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22172
DalekSam wrote:
Just so you know Concentration is already a song name and it's a pretty well known VGM.


I wasn't sure what to call it, so I just named it something. I'm not the best at naming.

_______________________
Please, call me Scooblee.
My Stuff:
SC |YT | Steam |
dA
Page 1 of 1 Sort: