Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Originals: Kid Power NES Owner: XERO New post
Page 2 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] Next >>
Posted: 2011-08-14 21:56 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#21620
Awesome Sq instrumentation on KPBoss

Posted: 2011-08-14 22:03 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#21623
Xyz_39808 wrote:
Awesome Sq instrumentation on KPBoss


Haha, thanks a bunch. Hope you like the upcoming tunes.

Posted: 2011-08-14 22:39 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21626
Man, I'm sorry I haven't listened to these yet...I will though, when I get a few minutes.
Looks like you've been crazy busy!

Posted: 2011-08-16 01:17 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#21728
Figured I'd get a couple of cinemas out the way before I return to levels, along with the password theme.

Cinema 2 - I call this one Realization. It basically implements the thoughts and opinions the heroes go through as they continue their journey.

Cinema 3 - Cornered. Personally, I don't really dig this one too much. I think I did this one when I was in a musical block. But either way, it represents the consequences Johnny and Robert have coming for them. Heh, I guess it's a coincidence that this track was so meh. I felt cornered myself.

Cinema 4 - Probably my favorite Cinema theme I did. Motivation. Whenever the heroes are down, they look within themselves and re-ignite the spark to not give up.

Password - Had to go old school. 16-digit combination FTW!


Attachments:
kpcinema3.ftm (4 Kb)
kpcinema4.ftm (7 Kb)
kpcinema2.ftm (10 Kb)
kppassword.ftm (4 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-17 20:36 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#21861
Here is Level 3.

This is where the eadventure starts to really take place. Johnny and Robert end up in a small town that is in the midst of being overtaken by a unknown force. Being the nice kids they are, they see what they can do.


Attachments:
kplv3.ftm (11 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-19 10:21 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#21950
Level 4 - Turns out, it was a trap. Now, Johnny and Robert are in the middle of a ambush by an unknown force.

Probably my craziest percussion work so far.


Attachments:
kplv4.ftm (16 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-22 07:29 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22128
Some more cutscene themes for you peeps

Cinema 5 - Pain

Cinema 6 - Exploration

Cinema 7 - Stealth

Cinema 9 - Beaten

I'll do the rest the levels next time. Let me know how these sound.


Attachments:
kpcinema6.ftm (7 Kb)
kpcinema7.ftm (6 Kb)
kpcinema9.ftm (6 Kb)
kpcinema5.ftm (6 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-26 03:55 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22378
Sorry, I've been busy bein' back in school. :p

Here is Level 5.

Feedback as always is appreciated.


Attachments:
kplv5.ftm (12 Kb)
Posted: 2011-09-03 06:18 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22721
Another level down. Let me know how it is.




Attachments:
kplv6.ftm (10 Kb)
Posted: 2011-09-03 20:02 Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22743
This is good, but it suffers from much the same problem that affects most of the other tunes you've posted in this thread: you should make more varying chord progressions, instead of relying on just one basic pattern for pretty much the entire song.

For example, in kplv6.ftm, you've got the exact same frame for the triangle channel running through the entire track, as well as the same frame for square 1 except for the first two frames.

That said, check out what you did with kpcinema4.ftm and kplv5.ftm; I found those to be the best of the bunch because they had the most variety. Just my two cents.

Posted: 2011-09-04 00:25 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22744
Thanks for pointing that out.

I know I'm not that advanced in this program yet, so I just go for what is most comfortable to me. Somedays, I can crank out a complex tune, others I'm just blocked out. lol

Hopefully, you'll like my upcoming levels a little more.

Posted: 2011-09-05 17:18 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22779
Hey, guys. Here's Level 7. Almost to the evil hideout!




Attachments:
kplv7.ftm (13 Kb)
Posted: 2011-09-09 03:38 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22872
Time to take down the evil baddies once and for all.

Overworld 2 - This plays when you finally make it to the Evil Hideout, the last area in the game. To show its significance, I wanted the last level to have its own Overworld theme.

Level 8a - Basically the full song of the Game Over theme.

Level 8b - The last area of the game before you reach the Final Boss. Expect everything you've been through to come back again. The works, so to speak.

Final Boss - Johnny and Robert face off against the trouble maker causing all this chaos. Can they search within themselves and defeat him?


Attachments:
kpfinal_boss.ftm (8 Kb)
kplv8a.ftm (12 Kb)
kplv8b.ftm (18 Kb)
kpoverworld2.ftm (5 Kb)
Posted: 2011-09-09 03:45 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22874
Been listening to some of these.
Now you just need an actual game to go with these great ideas!

This seems like a fun thing to do - to create a concept for an entire game, and just start building tunes around it. A major undertaking XERO!

You know what? I actually think the final overworld music would be better for the final boss than the final boss music!

Posted: 2011-09-09 03:55 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#22877
Haha, you think so?

I always figured that the Final Boss theme would be a little more fast-pace for a game like this, but see what you mean. :p

Thanks, moot. All there are left are the Ending themes and the Credits, so stay tuned!

Page 2 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] Next >>