Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > My Mega Man UST Owner: XERO New post
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]
Posted: 2011-07-25 04:01 Reply | Quote
psn

Avatar

Member for: 5881 days
Location: England
Status: Offline

#20411
I quite like some of the songs you've got here. 'Opening 1' fits the beach scene that you described very nicely! The title theme also shows some promise, although it could probably use some reworking to make it sound more Mega Man-ish.

You've already posted a lot of stuff and I could ramble on for ages about it all, so I'll try to be brief. One key thing I've noticed is that you're using a variety of different lead instruments and some of these have very low volumes (eg. 'Jazzy Lead') in comparison to the standard Lead with minor attack. This has the effect of making sections of your songs far too quiet in comparison with the rest of the song. Just try and keep the volume balanced in the future.

I also noticed that some of your songs have volume commands in the Triangle channel. You've probably already discovered this for yourself but these have no effect on the volume for the Triangle channel.

Keep it up though! It's nice to see someone so enthusiastic about what they do.

kinkinkijkin wrote:
not quite happy enough to be a mega-man game over.

kinkinkijkin wrote:
TT is canceled?


Erm, what?



Posted: 2011-07-25 04:42 Reply | Quote
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5709 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#20417
I cancelled it. It's going to be a Dizzy world game instead.

Posted: 2011-07-25 04:49 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5546 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#20419
Thanks, psn. And yeah, I totally noticed that on the Triangle. lol I was still in the beginner stages of the program when I made some of these. :P

Thanks for the pointers about the volumes control. I'll definitely keep a ear out for that in the future.

Before I get to the Wily stages, I wanted to put out the rest of the jingles.

Suspense Cinema - Plays during the major and suspenseful scenes during the cinemas.

Determination Cinema - Basically Mega Man getting himself pumped up for future battles, with the help of Roll and Dr. Light.

Desperate Cinema - After you defeat all 8 Robots, it turns out that the real evil mastermind wasn't Bass, at all, It was of course Dr. Wily. He reprogrammed Bass so that he wouldn't go rogue again, and ordered him to keep Mega Man busy while he works on his newest weapon to take over the world. Bass tells Mega Man that he will be waiting at Wily's Castle...

Wily's Castle - No explanation needed. lol


Posted: 2011-07-25 11:08 Reply | Quote
InterrobangPie

Avatar

Member for: 5758 days
Location: England
Status: Offline

#20442
QUAKE MAN'S THEME = BADARSERY

_______________________
iGotno_scope wrote:
im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to.

Posted: 2011-07-25 14:55 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5555 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#20451
Wait... if TT is cancelled, then doesn't that make it like the hundreds of abandoned FireRed ROM hacks? Well, minus the stupidity, but you get the point.

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-07-25 17:58 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5546 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#20465
Wily time, peeps!

Wily Stage 1a - This is basically a straight forward intro to the first stage. Mega Man walks as the sun sets into the night. When you get to the door into the castle itself, and drop into the hole, the real level begins...

Wily Stage 1b - The stage that tests you jumping skills first, along with some vanishing blocks again. You also have to battle the lava creature mid boss from Lava Man's stage.

Wily Castle Battle - When you reach the end of each stage, you must battle with the deadly boss.

Wily Stage 2 - This stage is all about reflexes and timely shooting. The return of the fast death rays from Mega Man 2 (Quick Man) make their triumphant return.

Wily Stage 3 - This is where the upgrade of the Rush Jet comes in VITAL. Apart of 2 auto-scroll areas, you must navigate through a SPIKE-FILLED MAZE with the jet, collect powereups along the way before you run out of fuel. You also have your much awaited battle with Bass here...

Bass Battle 1 - Your first shot at Bass. After you beat him, he escapes before you can destroy him, though.

Wily Stage 4 - The descent into the Robot Guantlet. After you beat all the robot masters again, it's only Wily left.

Wily Battle - 3 forms you have to deal with. And after you beat him, he does his surrender deal. But as quick as you can say 'SETUP!' Bass comes back with a vengeance. He takes out Wily and declares himself his own master. With no choice but to battle him again, he retreats to the top of the Wily Castle, awaiting your arrival...



Posted: 2011-07-26 20:50 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5546 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#20528
Here are the last of the Mega Man tracks. It's been a fun ride.

Final Stage - In this stage, the music breaks down into 7 layers as you make your climb to the top. One for each layer in the stage

1. The main melody.
2. The harmony.
3. The hits.
4. The cymbal.
5. The toms.
6. The bass.
7, The snare and kick, along with the second part of the melody.

Bass Battle 2 - Finally, the final fight has begun, and Bass will not spare you this time, Mega Man is in for the fight of his life and the fate of the world.

Victory - It is over. Mega Man has beaten Bass.

Ending 1 - Bass ponders over his defeat and has a prophetic talk with Mega Man. As the castle begins to crash into the ground, Mega Man tries to get Bass to come with him, but Bass chooses to stay behind. As Mega Man escapes, Bass smiles and vows to see him again as the castle finally collapses, Bass's fate unknown...

Ending 2 - Mega Man returns to his friends, and after a mourning period, decides to resume their much-needed vacation. And thus, another chapter comes to an end.

Credits - The staff of the creators of the game, followed by a montage of Mega Man surfing on Rush.

Robot Staff - One last look as the each of the Robot Masters take a final bow, showcasing their powers and posing.

Endless Stage - Yep... I had to do one of these.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys.


Posted: 2011-07-26 21:02 Reply | Quote
kinkinkijkin

Avatar

Member for: 5926 days
Location: Not where my face is
Status: Offline

#20531
Cymbal? I think not. Hihat? I say yep, even though hihat is a type of cymbal.

Anyways, nice. Too epic for megaman style, but nice nonetheless.

Posted: 2011-07-26 22:31 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5546 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#20535
kinkinkijkin wrote:
Too epic for megaman style, but nice nonetheless.


Haha, really? I didn't know there was a limit of epicness in Mega Man soundtracks. :P

Posted: 2011-07-26 23:31 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6411 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#20540
I'm not sure why you couldn't just put these in one post in one FTM rather than dozens of FTMs across seven posts?

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-07-26 23:35 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5555 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#20541
danooct1 wrote:
I'm not sure why you couldn't just put these in one post in one FTM rather than dozens of FTMs across seven posts?


There's this phrase that I use a lot that explains things like this:

"But that would be too easy, now wouldn't it?"

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-07-27 01:00 Reply | Quote
InterrobangPie

Avatar

Member for: 5758 days
Location: England
Status: Offline

#20547
XERO wrote:
Final Stage - In this stage, the music breaks down into 7 layers as you make your climb to the top. One for each layer in the stage

1. The main melody.
2. The harmony.
3. The hits.
4. The cymbal.
5. The toms.
6. The bass.
7, The snare and kick, along with the second part of the melody.

The relevant .ftm isn't even divided up as stated.

_______________________
iGotno_scope wrote:
im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to.
Posted: 2011-07-27 02:35 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5546 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#20552
danooct1 wrote:
I'm not sure why you couldn't just put these in one post in one FTM rather than dozens of FTMs across seven posts?


Because I was still in the learning process of the program when I made these, and I didn't figure it out yet.

I tried to before I posted them here, but the intruments and effects got mixed up together and changed the sounds in some of the songs.

Posted: 2011-07-27 05:35 Reply | Quote
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5709 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#20565
Well, also, I think it's generally a better workflow to keep the songs in separate files (especially if you use source control).

The only reason I would work in the same file is if I was planning to put the music into a game. I wouldn't do it just to group related tracks.

Posted: 2011-07-27 07:40 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5546 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#20581
Haha, yeah, I don't have the knowledge to make this into a game. I just make the tracks. :P

I got another soundtrack comin' for a new game idea, so stay tuned.

And yes, they are seperate files as well. lol

Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]