Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > 2 Chorales Owner: Xyz_39808 New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
2 Chorales Posted: 2011-07-22 19:12  (Last Edited: 2011-07-22 19:22) Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#20265



Attachments:
chorales.ftm (4 Kb)
Posted: 2011-07-23 00:27  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:57) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#20273


Posted: 2011-07-23 09:21 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#20292
Ooh, I liked that, though the Pitch macro should be changed to reflect the new tempo.

I might keep working on these two. I didn't have any access to any musical devices when I wrote these, so I'm glad that with pure theory something can still sound good.
Now to add non-chord tones & rhythm and maybe some Pxx to get a better temperament.

Posted: 2011-07-23 12:39  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:57) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#20297


Posted: 2011-07-23 15:44 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5558 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#20298
Ugh... I need to study more theory...

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-07-23 16:48 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#20300
We can't all have perfect mental health. I was there for a week. Much better now though.

Posted: 2011-07-23 21:25  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:57) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#20310


Posted: 2011-07-23 23:49 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#20332
It's not that bad really. Mostly just a safe environment.

You hardly have to write specifically to avoid the parallel 5ths and 8ves. There's generally always a way to voice two chords to avoid 'em.

Also, when in doubt, 7th chord :p

Page 1 of 1 Sort: