Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Super Bat Puncher Demo released Owner: miau New post
Page 5 of 5 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Posted: 2011-06-09 03:48  (Last Edited: 2011-06-09 03:54) Reply | Quote
Canite

Avatar

Member for: 5734 days
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Status: Offline

#18255
Ha, so awesome.. Me and my friend played through it all (co-op in any game makes it 100 times better, so nice call on that one :D). I also love games that give the second player a different type of control, makes it a lot more fun, and I like taking craps all over those bat's heads :P
Let me know if you ever release a cartridge for this, I'd love to play it on the original hardware :D

edit: By the way, what ide/program did you use to code/test these? I'm a programmer myself, but I've never tried making an NES games (which I think is written in assembly?). I'd love to start getting into homebrew NES games, so any info you could give for a starter would help tremendously Good luck with Super Bat Puncher, it looks like it will go a very long way

Posted: 2011-06-09 08:15  (Last Edited: 2011-06-09 08:15) Reply | Quote
miau

Avatar

Member for: 7176 days
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Status: Offline

#18265
Xyz_39808 wrote:
I'm not entirely sure why, but you can glitch out the 4th bunny by launching the bat into the 1st bunny. Allowing you to get across quicker without having to wait for the platform.

Ah, that's because with the bat's coin there are too many sprites on screen and the bunny can't spawn. Not a big issue in this case, luckily.

Congrats on finding the level 3 spirit!


Also, thanks jsr!


Canite wrote:
By the way, what ide/program did you use to code/test these? I'm a programmer myself, but I've never tried making an NES games (which I think is written in assembly?).

Ca65 which is part of the cc65 toolchain is my assembler of choice. Apart from that I use Notepad++ with a custom syntax highlighting script, YY-CHR for graphics and custom map and sprite animation editors.

I recommend the Nerdy Nights tutorials on Nintendoage to anyone who wants to get started with NES development. They teach about everything you need to make a full game.

Posted: 2011-06-10 02:35  (Last Edited: 2011-06-10 03:12) Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6044 days
Status: Offline

#18299
Nice! Good-ol' Roth (I remember him back before the vNES forum was shifted to the Emulation Collective forum; brilliant guy).

And good work with the ASM, man; I've done ASM for HCS12 chips & know how difficult it can be when it comes to external device interfaces (like sprites & input devices). miaw; you're a talented programmer (& Dave's an equally talented musician).

Just out of curiosity; do you have any other resourceson using the CC65 tool chain?

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-11 05:53 Reply | Quote
ui

Avatar

Member for: 6850 days
Location: WORLD
Status: Offline

#18367
this game zux!!... and i dont like the music!!! jaja

nice to see this around here!, YES!...

Posted: 2011-06-11 08:49  (Last Edited: 2011-06-11 08:57) Reply | Quote
miau

Avatar

Member for: 7176 days
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Status: Offline

#18369
Yep, Roth is a cool dude, he has recently released a homebrew game himself. It's simple, but addictive!
You may also want to check out the submissions to the NES Coding Compo 2011 which have been posted a few days ago: http://nesdevcompo.nintendoage.com/contest/

Okay, enough advertising for the scene. :P


Not a lot of people use cc65 for development on the NES, including myself, but here are a few random links that may help you with ca65:
http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=7691
http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3816
http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=39883

And, of course, the ca65 User's Guide: http://www.cc65.org/doc/ca65.html

Posted: 2011-06-11 23:19 Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6044 days
Status: Offline

#18385
Thanks a lot, miau; this'll be very useful for me.

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-12 15:18 Reply | Quote
cak

Avatar

Member for: 5873 days
Location: oregon
Status: Offline

#18417
Impressive speed demos jrlepage! Perhaps we can compete for the fastest time on SDA once the game is finished.

_______________________
Famicom tunes
Page 5 of 5 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]