Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Unbnamed ost Owner: kinkinkijkin New post
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]
Posted: 2011-06-07 04:34 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6411 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#18058
the main problem is that he is using famicompilertonsftotallynotatracker.exe instead of famitracker.exe

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-06-07 04:36  (Last Edited: 2011-06-07 04:40) Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6044 days
Status: Offline

#18059
danooct1 wrote:
Hi, I'm danooct1 & I'm trollin'.


Like I've said before, let's stop this foolishness.

Anyways, back to that OST...

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-07 04:41 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6411 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#18061
i don't recall saying that

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Not that I even understand that in-joke Posted: 2011-06-07 06:42  (Last Edited: 2011-06-07 06:43) Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#18066
danooct1 wrote:
the main problem is that he is using famicompilertonsftotallynotatracker.exe instead of famitracker.exe


Wait what?

But I totally understand the want of staying in CM.
It allows you to switch between any song at anytime without any key clash.

As for it being just CM, maybe that's just his most comfortable key. A friend of mine will often just improvise a melody and make a tune out of it, but will subconsciously use cm/EbM damn near everytime. It's just what's comfortable to 'im. Same with me and DM and F#M. I just happen to zone in on those two when improvising.

Posted: 2011-06-07 06:58  (Last Edited: 2011-06-07 07:05) Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6044 days
Status: Offline

#18068
You have a point; I'm sure you've noticed the keys that I'm used to composing in by my OSTs. That's clearly based on individual taste, but you must admit that, to a point, it does eventually become stale (I know this from my own works). This said, it would also help to do songs in other scales just to practice your skills.

Or, why not just compose a song in C major, transpose the entire track by a set number of semi-tones & then use that as a guide when composing other songs?

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-07 07:36 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#18069
Well it should be no question that it's acceptable for a single opus to display only one key.

(let's just translate the classical term "opum" to famitracker "module"

What you could do to avoid staleness, and this would only work with stuff that ends with Cxx and has no Bxx, is to compose the next piece based on the final chord of the previous.
Example, my 1st song ever is mostly DMMM9 chords, but ends oscillating between FMM7 & Dmmm7. My next song starts with CM (which fits on the notes of dmm7)

Posted: 2011-06-07 08:16 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#18071
InterrobangPie wrote:
Spoilers - it's bad. SO IMPROVE IT

see that last bit totally makes it constructive criticism

No.

Posted: 2011-06-07 09:15 Reply | Quote
InterrobangPie

Avatar

Member for: 5758 days
Location: England
Status: Offline

#18072
Spoilers - it's bad. SO IMPROVE IT by making it BETTER

am I there yet?

_______________________
iGotno_scope wrote:
im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to.
Posted: 2011-06-07 18:33  (Last Edited: 2011-06-07 18:33) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#18078
InterrobangPie wrote:
Spoilers - it's bad. SO IMPROVE IT by making it BETTER

am I there yet?

Are you mocking me or are you just being an idiot on purpose now? I thought this fell under common sense, but it looks like I have to spell everything out for you.

I'm going to make it simple for you : make useful comments, or gtfo. If you're going to critique someone's track, but cannot afford to take 5 minutes to mention at least one point on which OP should improve his work, then shut up and don't bother. It doesn't matter how awfully bad you think OP's FTM is, just saying "it's bad go make it better" is mean, inconsiderate and useless to them.

Oh and that bratty attitude. Lose that as well. If you can't respond properly to authority or accept the fact that this forum is being moderated now, then the exit's over there.

I don't even want to hear any more from you until you've gotten all of that into that THICK head of yours. Consider this a warning.

Posted: 2011-06-07 21:14 Reply | Quote
InterrobangPie

Avatar

Member for: 5758 days
Location: England
Status: Offline

#18082
I would give constructive criticism but apparently I have a dense cranium.

And besides, isn't kinkinkijkin the man we've told eighty bazillion times to go learn some basic musical theory by covering songs? He doesn't seem to have taken our advice yet.

_______________________
iGotno_scope wrote:
im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to.
Posted: 2011-06-07 21:44 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#18084
He hasn't, and that's his problem. You don't have to go around insulting his work for that reason.

Posted: 2011-06-07 22:14 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6411 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#18089
jrlepage wrote:
He hasn't, and that's his problem. You don't have to go around insulting his work for that reason.


Then can I? I'm tired of repeating what's been said dozens of times before with no attempt on his part whatsoever to improve, and then having the mods mock us for it.

Hey kinkinkijkin, GET BETTER AT TRACKING. there you go.

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-06-08 04:07  (Last Edited: 2011-06-08 04:08) Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6044 days
Status: Offline

#18142
jrlepage: InterrobangPie's previous comment isn't exactly an insult towards kinkinkijkin or his work (even though it's not exactly constructive criticism). The fact is that many members of the forum don't like the fact that kinkinkijkin doesn't make any effort in spite of whatever amount of criticism he gets, constructive or otherwise.

To be honest, danooct1 couldn't have said it any better; kinkinkijkin needs to improve his tracking skills. The only problem is that kinkinkijkin won't listen, learn or teach himself because he lacks the will to do so. Even when it comes to something as simple as highlighting all the notes in his tracks & playing around with transposing his channels.

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-08 04:15  (Last Edited: 2011-06-08 04:15) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#18145
My response to this remains the same: you don't have to give a damn. No one forced anyone to respond to this thread and bash kinkinkijkin, let along click on the link to open it.

I agree kinkinkijkin needs to improve his musical skills, but at least he responded positively when I asked him to stop being so self-critical ("this song will make your ears bleed", etc.) in his topic titles that it automatically drew negative response from other members. Now that he's done that, I feel it's the community's job to stop jumping at his throat for not taking their advice whenever he opens his mouth. At this point, it should be his problem, not ours.

But I hear you say, what's the point of him posting his stuff here if we can't say what we think about it? Fair point. You can respond of course, but in a way that won't make anyone feel like crap at the end of the day. If you're going to criticise, at least nudge OP in the direction of improvement. Tired of constantly doing so without seeing any effect? Then stop giving a damn. Simple as that.

Posted: 2011-06-08 04:22  (Last Edited: 2011-06-08 04:23) Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6044 days
Status: Offline

#18146
Good point. Whether or not he decides to improve himself (& whether or not others decide to stop flaming him,) it's all trivial, really.

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]