Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Super Bat Puncher Demo released Owner: miau New post
Page 4 of 5 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Next >>
Posted: 2011-06-04 11:11 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#17956
lol @ jetpack use. As for extra level, on the 2nd to last save point (where you have to bounce between the same walls waiting for a platform), where the 5th bunny stands, you can just punch the crumbly wall to your left and make it to the other side without waiting for the platform.

And thanks for the great optimal boss strategy. Gotta give that a try on a raw run.

Posted: 2011-06-04 12:01 Reply | Quote
Dave
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 7242 days
Location: UK
Status: Offline

#17957
hahah really nice TAS. look forward to seeing it on youtube really nice runs with yours as well JP. you're better at playing this than i am!

it seems other people have done TAS runs too.

someone over at the TAS site made one, and there are some on youtube as well. impressive.

_______________________
iridescent audio
Posted: 2011-06-05 00:28 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#17964
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgtumdgjiTk

There. Finally, after much trouble, Utoob finally decides to process my video right.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-05 01:00 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6572 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#17965
Wow that was pretty impressive, except for the death in part 4 of the hard level... my video shows how to go that same way without taking damage, which is probably faster than waiting for the "game over" screen, etc


Posted: 2011-06-05 01:24 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#17966
Rushjet1 wrote:
Wow that was pretty impressive, except for the death in part 4 of the hard level... my video shows how to go that same way without taking damage, which is probably faster than waiting for the "game over" screen, etc


Oh wow, I didn't realize that bat would kindly break the spikes so you could pass without taking a hit. Your way is indeed faster. Also the reason I died is because at first I thought I could pass that one part with 2 hits so I had to die to regain full health. Good lesson here for future runs.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-05 11:35  (Last Edited: 2011-06-05 11:36) Reply | Quote
Dave
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 7242 days
Location: UK
Status: Offline

#17990
i uploaded an NSF of Level 1's music on 8bc, for anyone who wants it.

https://8bc.org/music/Blitz+Lunar/Super+Bat+Puncher+%28Demo%29+-+Level+1%3A+Forest/

_______________________
iridescent audio
Posted: 2011-06-05 15:12 Reply | Quote
miau

Avatar

Member for: 7176 days
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Status: Offline

#17993
Hey guys. I have stated it on other forums, but I am overwhelmed by the response SBP is getting. Thanks for all your comments!

Raijin, jrlepage, your runs were very entertaining.

Raijin wrote:

Oh wow, I didn't realize that bat would kindly break the spikes so you could pass without taking a hit.

To pull this off in the fastest way possible you may have to manipulate luck. The nose dive position and attack timing of red bats is obtained from the game's random number generator.

Posted: 2011-06-05 20:38 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#17998
miau wrote:
Raijin, jrlepage, your runs were very entertaining.

Thanks!

Here's my 2nd attempt at speedrunning the intro and part 1 of the game. I think things went much better this time around, I shaved 8 seconds off my previous attempt. Enjoy!

Posted: 2011-06-05 22:42 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#18000
miau wrote:

Raijin wrote:

Oh wow, I didn't realize that bat would kindly break the spikes so you could pass without taking a hit.

To pull this off in the fastest way possible you may have to manipulate luck. The nose dive position and attack timing of red bats is obtained from the game's random number generator.

I see. Players might be able to make that one bat break the far end of the spikes instead of having to wait for the one underneath to come and do it as well.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-06 18:11 Reply | Quote
Dave
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 7242 days
Location: UK
Status: Offline

#18029
i always did it by angling my punch so the red bat exploded down in the corner.

_______________________
iridescent audio
Posted: 2011-06-06 18:35 Reply | Quote
modusponens

Avatar

Member for: 6303 days
Location: Redmond, WA
Status: Offline

#18030
Dave wrote:
nice TAS


He's hiding within our posts!

_______________________
All men are mortal.
Socrates is a man.
Therefore, all men are Socrates.
Posted: 2011-06-06 22:11 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#18036
modusponens wrote:
Dave wrote:
nice TAS


He's hiding within our posts!


I lol'd. Tbh, that's always where I thought his name comes from.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-08 10:59  (Last Edited: 2011-06-08 11:13) Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#18167
I'm not entirely sure why, but you can glitch out the 4th bunny by launching the bat into the 1st bunny. Allowing you to get across quicker without having to wait for the platform.

(also attaching savestate2 incase it's needed)

Also, I found a SECRET! (savestate4)
[edit:]
Might as well include a savestate of the bigbat since I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Savestate3


Posted: 2011-06-08 22:08 Reply | Quote
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5697 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#18185
I realized the player/character's name was Capt. Roast 2 DAYS AGO. Good call Miau... Good call

Posted: 2011-06-09 00:07 Reply | Quote
jsr
Administrator

Avatar

Member for: 7484 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#18207
Hi, I've finished the demo on my powerpak now and it was awesome! Really impressive to see a homebrew of such quality, and the soundtrack is excellent too!
Really good work both of you, I hope you will have time to finish it eventually. (It's also nice to see Gradualore's work being of use.)

_______________________
Programmer and developer
Page 4 of 5 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Next >>