Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Super Bat Puncher Demo released Owner: miau New post
Page 3 of 5 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Next >>
Posted: 2011-06-04 03:04 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6572 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#17938
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gafy_9ceuaA

Posted: 2011-06-04 04:40  (Last Edited: 2011-06-04 04:40) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#17940
Oh cool! I had never even considered staying tuned after the credits. I don't really like the idea of taking damage on purpose though (just before reaching the jetpack upgrade) - seems like a counter-intuitive thing to figure out as a gamer.

Posted: 2011-06-04 04:42 Reply | Quote
MrFTBN

Avatar

Member for: 5708 days
Status: Offline

#17941
I hope the full version has some insane hard levels. I made it to the part of the jetpack level where you have to hurt yourself to get through the spikes (I suspected that might be what I had to do to get past) and I got there without savestates, damnit. But the emulator crashed inexplicably just as I was trying to figure out how to pass the 3rd row of spikes - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Posted: 2011-06-04 05:08 Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6045 days
Status: Offline

#17942
well, I wouldn't want to see this game turn into another I Want To Be The Guy or Syobon Action.

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-04 05:41 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#17944
This is pretty damn fun.

inb4 I TAS this???

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-04 05:48 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#17945
Raijin wrote:
inb4 I TAS this???

You do a TAS, I'll do an old-fashioned speedrun. Deal? :p

I don't guarantee my run will be fantastic, but I'll do my best, hah.

Posted: 2011-06-04 06:03 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#17946
jrlepage wrote:
Raijin wrote:
inb4 I TAS this???

You do a TAS, I'll do an old-fashioned speedrun. Deal? :p

I don't guarantee my run will be fantastic, but I'll do my best, hah.


No sweat! I'll at least do all of area 1 and 2. If I'm feeling non-lazy I'll do the bonus area.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-04 06:15 Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6045 days
Status: Offline

#17947
Anyone up for creating a Super Bat Puncher in 11 minutes video?

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-04 06:34  (Last Edited: 2011-06-04 06:42) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#17948
So far I've done parts I and II in 7 minutes or so, and I screwed up in a lot of places. Timer starts as soon as I take control at the beginning, and ends after the last enemy is defeated at the end of the boss fight in part II.

EDIT: Anybody knows of an nes emulator that records demos? I haven't found such feature in Nestopia, the one I'm using.

Posted: 2011-06-04 06:43 Reply | Quote
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5709 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#17949
Doesn't its File -> Movie Player menu cover demo recording?

Posted: 2011-06-04 06:47 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#17950
You mean a built in AVI recorder? Yeah, FCEUX has one. I use that one for TASing.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-04 07:16 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#17951
Lepage, are you not gonna also speedrun the awesome extra level?
Protip, you can't just grab the bowling ball, bail out, and get to the extra level. You have to defeat the bunny boss before the guy (troll?) shows up.

Posted: 2011-06-04 07:46  (Last Edited: 2011-06-04 07:47) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#17953
rainwarrior wrote:
Doesn't its File -> Movie Player menu cover demo recording?

How did I miss that. -_- Thanks!

All right, I did a preliminary run of segment 1 (intro + part I), and ended up with a time of 3m21s. I screwed up in a few places but overall I think it went okay.

Video.

Sloppy, I know. I'll keep working on it.

Xyz_39808 wrote:
Lepage, are you not gonna also speedrun the awesome extra level?
Protip, you can't just grab the bowling ball, bail out, and get to the extra level. You have to defeat the bunny boss before the guy (troll?) shows up.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to speedrun it or not, but I have checked out the video and mimicked it, and eventually got the jetpack. Thanks!

Posted: 2011-06-04 09:52 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#17954
Part II was a bitch to pull off but here we go:

Video

I made a few mistakes here and there, the biggest one being the platform that goes in circles near the end of the level, but overall I think it went well. There's still room for improvement though.

Posted: 2011-06-04 10:46 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#17955
Nice job on those. Getting good even though the game is still really new.

I've finished the TAS for it btw. I did all the way up to when you talk to that one dood in a door after you get the jetpack. I'll attach the .fm2 movie file for now. I made it with FCEUX 2.1.4, but it may work on earlier versions. If you don't know how to play it, just open the rom then file > movie > play movie then select the file. I'll throw an encode on Youtube sometime and put that here instead later, but it's late right now so bear with me =P

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Attachments:
super_bat_puncher_demo0.fm2 (845 Kb)
Page 3 of 5 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Next >>