Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Brinstar (a.k.a.: Bored and Tired at Midnight) Owner: PaulMannIV New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Brinstar (a.k.a.: Bored and Tired at Midnight) Posted: 2014-03-14 18:28  (Last Edited: 2014-03-14 18:45) Reply | Quote
PaulMannIV

Avatar

Member for: 5221 days
Location: Louisville Ky
Status: Offline

#55355
Last night, I was stupidly bored and tired, but wasn't able to sleep. Instinct says "just use Famitracker. You might not make something good, but you'll get tired." This was the product. I didn't remember how it sounded, so I gave a listen just now. Worth a post.

You all know the drill.

*Also implying that I kind of half-assed it*


Posted: 2014-03-14 18:37 Reply | Quote
Dr_Mustache

Avatar

Member for: 4701 days
Location: On your screen
Status: Offline

#55356
The triangle channel doesn't work. Why did you place volume 0 commands in it?

Other than this, the song sounds good, except fot the apparent lack of bass in the later frames.

_______________________
This version of Dr. Mustache is outdated. Please download latest version here.
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]
Posted: 2014-03-14 18:45 Reply | Quote
PaulMannIV

Avatar

Member for: 5221 days
Location: Louisville Ky
Status: Offline

#55357
What the mother&$%#? How the HELL did that pass me?

Fixed...

Posted: 2014-03-14 18:52 Reply | Quote
Dr_Mustache

Avatar

Member for: 4701 days
Location: On your screen
Status: Offline

#55358
Nice reaction! Also, sounds much better now, good job!

_______________________
This version of Dr. Mustache is outdated. Please download latest version here.
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]
Posted: 2014-03-16 03:08 Reply | Quote
CheeseGuy99

Avatar

Member for: 5312 days
Location: Amarillo, TX
Status: Offline

#55374
Nice job indeed!

_______________________
**** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****

Some other places I've tried to conquer:
Le Chipmusic
Le BattleOfTheBits
Posted: 2014-03-16 03:09 Reply | Quote
L77

Avatar

Member for: 5012 days
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Status: Offline

#55375
It has a nice somber sound design! Very foggy and gloomy...

Posted: 2014-03-16 04:02 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5564 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#55377
Love how you made this sound. Great work.

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2014-03-16 08:45 Reply | Quote
MovieMovies1

Avatar

Member for: 5933 days
Location: Norway
Status: Offline

#55381
I must say that this sounds quite nice, but I personally think that the mixing is a little strange. I edited your FTM to have better mixing among other things (Please don't kill me)

Still, very nice stuff!


Attachments:
brinstar_mm1s_edit.ftm (67 Kb)
Posted: 2014-03-16 15:45 Reply | Quote
PaulMannIV

Avatar

Member for: 5221 days
Location: Louisville Ky
Status: Offline

#55387
moviemovies1 wrote:
I must say that this sounds quite nice, but I personally think that the mixing is a little strange. I edited your FTM to have better mixing among other things (Please don't kill me)

Still, very nice stuff!


Why would I? Sounds better than before.

Posted: 2014-03-16 15:57  (Last Edited: 2014-03-16 15:57) Reply | Quote
L77

Avatar

Member for: 5012 days
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Status: Offline

#55388
PaulMannIV wrote:
moviemovies1 wrote:
(Please don't kill me)


Why would I? Sounds better than before.


Well, obviously he's trying to steal your thunder as the Gengar of FT Forums! Destroy the usurper!

Posted: 2014-03-16 20:50 Reply | Quote
MKSTAR26

Avatar

Member for: 4780 days
Location: A\/\V/\/A
Status: Offline

#55393
Nobody can steal my thunder as the sort of weird diamond thing of the FT forums

Nice sound design! Liking it.

Posted: 2014-03-22 17:56 Reply | Quote
ZdrytchX

Avatar

Member for: 4572 days
Status: Offline

#55537
Dat pseudo-echo effects :O

_______________________
My Music [Includes Anime shit]
Posted: 2014-03-22 18:50 Reply | Quote
kingcandy



Member for: 4604 days
Status: Offline

#55538
blades of Metroid!

Posted: 2014-03-24 00:09  (Last Edited: 2014-03-24 00:11) Reply | Quote
poodlecock

Avatar

Member for: 4958 days
Location: !wow
Status: Offline

#55574
I liked Paul's original mix better than yours, MM1. But no worries, it's still good. I love how it's sustained more in Paul's because it fits the slower speed he used.

EDIT:
L77 wrote:
PaulMannIV wrote:
moviemovies1 wrote:
(Please don't kill me)

Why would I? Sounds better than before.

Well, obviously he's trying to steal your thunder as the Gengar of FT Forums! Destroy the usurper!

I thought that always belonged to ol' uncle B00daW...

_______________________
"im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to." -omgdonut
Posted: 2014-03-24 02:33  (Last Edited: 2014-03-24 02:35) Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5053 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#55577
poodlecock wrote:

L77 wrote:
PaulMannIV wrote:
moviemovies1 wrote:
(Please don't kill me)

Why would I? Sounds better than before.

Well, obviously he's trying to steal your thunder as the Gengar of FT Forums! Destroy the usurper!

I thought that always belonged to ol' uncle B00daW...


Since when did a character belong to a certain user, especially if the user didn't create the character?
And I never saw b00daw as a Gengar anyway...
http://battleofthebits.org/barracks/Profile/b00daw/


Btw Paul, nice cover!

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Page 1 of 1 Sort: