Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Megaman 2 Wily Stage 1 (again) Owner: lvk New post
Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>
Megaman 2 Wily Stage 1 (again) Posted: 2013-01-07 03:32 Reply | Quote
lvk

Avatar

Member for: 5587 days
Status: Offline

#43351
'but we already have like 1 million covers of this song on any instrument, tracker or anything that outputs sound imaginable do we really need another why are you doing this to us scumbag' -everyone


Attachments:
superoriginal.ftm (18 Kb)
Posted: 2013-01-07 03:32 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#43352
seriously guys listen to this

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-01-07 03:37  (Last Edited: 2013-01-07 05:09) Reply | Quote
Glitch_King

Avatar

Member for: 5286 days
Location: California
Status: Offline

#43354
seen better but this is still good

EDIT: This is awesome.

_______________________
Some other sites I have made shelter on...
Ye Youtube
Ye Chipmusic
Ye BotB
Posted: 2013-01-07 04:13 Reply | Quote
Patashu

Avatar

Member for: 5309 days
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

#43356
This is good, but if you're going to make a Wily Stage remix while aware it's overremixed it'll have to be mindblowing to impress me~

Posted: 2013-01-07 04:56  (Last Edited: 2013-01-07 05:02) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#43357
I thought this was marginally better than most of the other remixes of this same tune!

Glitch_King wrote:
seen better but this is still good

Don't lie, I know you said this was awesome. ( -w-)

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-01-07 05:07  (Last Edited: 2013-01-07 05:07) Reply | Quote
Glitch_King

Avatar

Member for: 5286 days
Location: California
Status: Offline

#43358
jrlepage wrote:
I thought this was marginally better than most of the other remixes of this same tune!

Glitch_King wrote:
seen better but this is still good

Don't lie, I know you said this was awesome. ( -w-)
Well... you got me...


_______________________
Some other sites I have made shelter on...
Ye Youtube
Ye Chipmusic
Ye BotB
Posted: 2013-01-07 05:15  (Last Edited: 2013-01-07 05:15) Reply | Quote
lvk

Avatar

Member for: 5587 days
Status: Offline

#43360
Glitch_King wrote:
jrlepage wrote:
I thought this was marginally better than most of the other remixes of this same tune!

Glitch_King wrote:
seen better but this is still good

Don't lie, I know you said this was awesome. ( -w-)
Well... you got me...

The difference between dubstep and Wily stage 1 covers is that liking the latter gets you ostracized slightly less.

Unless you made the cover.

Thanks for the positive feedback, though!

Posted: 2013-01-07 06:34 Reply | Quote
Patashu

Avatar

Member for: 5309 days
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

#43365
Actual feedback: The riff that makes Wily Theme 1 what it is (da da-da-da da-da-da) doesn't have its rhythmic emphasis as good as in the original, and lots of things like to jump in and out as they please.

Posted: 2013-01-07 21:26  (Last Edited: 2013-01-07 21:32) Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5054 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#43376
Patashu wrote:
This is good, but if you're going to make a Wily Stage remix while aware it's overremixed it'll have to be mindblowing to impress me~


This...
But what I don't understand is that why people actually LIKE this song?
I'm so sorry if I'm being negative now, but I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't like the original song... at all. But remixes, covers and stuff are always welcome, but like Patashu said, it has to be mindblowing...

Anyway... What I liked about this cover was the 0xy effects and the VRC6 Pulse 1 & 2 at frame 0C. If you ever decide to improve this song, DO NOT remove these things!

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2013-01-07 23:39 Reply | Quote
lvk

Avatar

Member for: 5587 days
Status: Offline

#43379
Warheart wrote:
Patashu wrote:
This is good, but if you're going to make a Wily Stage remix while aware it's overremixed it'll have to be mindblowing to impress me~


This...
But what I don't understand is that why people actually LIKE this song?
I'm so sorry if I'm being negative now, but I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't like the original song... at all. But remixes, covers and stuff are always welcome, but like Patashu said, it has to be mindblowing...

Many people don't like it because it's held in way too high regard for what it is. Similar to how Ocarina of Time is a great game, but when your expectations are high, it can only barely satisfy expectations or disappoint.

However, it's a memorable song due to its strong melodies. Many people can likely hum it for you on request (granted that they know what it's named), and I covered the song from memory. From there on, it just rode on the 'best video game music ever' hype wave, it got into mainstream consciousness, and then people started making really lazy 16-frame NSF covers even though they know it's been done to death.

Another thing that contributes is that it's a lot of fun to cover, much to the dismay of nearly everyone ever. Because the quality of the composition does a lot of the 'heavy lifting' for you, you can focus on fun little things like arps, screwing about with the tempo, improvising around a bit and whatnot.

I hadn't originally planned on finishing this because it'd been done a million times - it started out as some experimentation with triangle/noise percussion, but frames just kept being added until eventually it got finished.

tl;dr it's a good song but then youtube

Warheart wrote:
Anyway... What I liked about this cover was the 0xy effects and the VRC6 Pulse 1 & 2 at frame 0C. If you ever decide to improve this song, DO NOT remove these things!

Thanks!

Posted: 2013-01-08 00:47  (Last Edited: 2013-01-08 00:54) Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#43380
I honestly think it's an excellent remix. My only complaint would be the noise channel. That sound starts annoying me at one point, not quite sure why lol. Like it stands out too much, I can't stop focusing on it. But as I said, this is an excellent remix!

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2013-01-08 04:12 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#43385
Fezuke wrote:
My only complaint would be the noise channel. That sound starts annoying me at one point, not quite sure why lol.

How ironic, since I'm told the whole cover started out as a noise ride cymbal test. :p

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-01-08 22:50 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#43397
LOL... I think it's just the fact that he inserted beats on Row 13 and such....It makes the whole thing sound off beat. The only way you can get away with that little trick is in speed 1 or 2. Other than that you can't fool me anymore. lol.

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2013-01-09 00:36 Reply | Quote
MovieMovies1

Avatar

Member for: 5933 days
Location: Norway
Status: Offline

#43399
This is good, even if the song is over-used.
I also found something lying in a folder somewhere on my computer that may have never been done to this song.


Attachments:
mega_man_meets_1bit.ftm (5 Kb)
Posted: 2013-01-09 08:15  (Last Edited: 2013-01-09 08:17) Reply | Quote
sacredfire059

Avatar

Member for: 5699 days
Status: Offline

#43405
I don't like this song.

However your cover is pretty good. It's just pretty damn hard to be impressed by anything related to it when it's been pounded inside and out of my skull for 10+ years nonstop. :V

Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>