Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > (VRC6) Original - Tried Complexity Owner: Jayster New post
Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>
(VRC6) Original - Tried Complexity Posted: 2013-01-02 10:24  (Last Edited: 2013-01-06 03:35) Reply | Quote
Jayster

Avatar

Member for: 6528 days
Location: CO
Status: Offline

#43255
I posted a WIP of this a while ago, but here's the full version. This was mostly inspired by some neo-prog music. I didn't double check everything so I'm not sure if there's any errors in the song or the nsf, but I don't hear any... Anyway, this sumabitch took a while so any comments or constructive criticisms would be very much appreciated.

_______________________
Bandcamp
Youtube
Soundcloud
Website
RE: (VRC6) Original - Tried Complexity Posted: 2013-01-02 11:37 Reply | Quote
QuietForte

Avatar

Member for: 5018 days
Location: Subspace Highway
Status: Offline

#43257
Good sir, my jaw just dropped...just...wow. This is really an inspiration to keep trying and trying to make music.

Posted: 2013-01-02 12:50  (Last Edited: 2013-01-02 12:51) Reply | Quote
zephemeros

Avatar

Member for: 5504 days
Location: Campbell River, British Columbia
Status: Offline

#43259
How on earth did you keep track of all those instruments?

Nice song, by the way.
EDIT: Really nice.

Posted: 2013-01-02 18:19 Reply | Quote
Jayster

Avatar

Member for: 6528 days
Location: CO
Status: Offline

#43262
Thanks guys!

zephemeros wrote:
How on earth did you keep track of all those instruments?


Answer: I don't. I just make new ones as I go along and feel like I need them. There's probably some duplicates and unused instruments in there and I probably should've cleaned up the ftm, but, meh.

_______________________
Bandcamp
Youtube
Soundcloud
Website
Posted: 2013-01-02 20:53 Reply | Quote
CheeseGuy99

Avatar

Member for: 5312 days
Location: Amarillo, TX
Status: Offline

#43264
Wow. Although I think you should put SOME sort of instrument organization in there, (even I can tell you that) I LOVE this song. It sounds really great. Keep up the good work!

Posted: 2013-01-04 05:56 Reply | Quote
Jayster

Avatar

Member for: 6528 days
Location: CO
Status: Offline

#43293
Thanks man. Ya, I really should more organized, but I guess with FamiTracker, I'm just not too focused on that. It's weird, with all my other programs I'm actually very organized (mainly to keep processing down), but I just don't think about it in FamiTracker.

_______________________
Bandcamp
Youtube
Soundcloud
Website
Posted: 2013-01-04 10:10 Reply | Quote
Dwedit

Avatar

Member for: 6533 days
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline

#43297
You are the undisputed master of Famitracker.

Posted: 2013-01-04 21:13 Reply | Quote
Bradley

Avatar

Member for: 5741 days
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

#43304
I now feel inadequate

_______________________
Check out my SoundCloud for both twangs and bloops.
https://soundcloud.com/aliceglassbaskets
Posted: 2013-01-05 15:40  (Last Edited: 2013-01-05 15:41) Reply | Quote
Doxic

Avatar

Member for: 5135 days
Location: California, United States
Status: Offline

#43327
take my money, just fricking take it don't ask why, just take it

This is one of the most incredible songs I've heard made in famitracker to date, great job man!

_______________________
B00daW wrote: Memes are are like cheese; perishable.
Follow me on SoundCloud! http://soundcloud.com/thislinkisnttaken
Posted: 2013-01-05 15:45 Reply | Quote
DjJizzer5

Avatar

Member for: 5498 days
Status: Offline

#43328
i can't really catch something of a melody, but everything overall is pretty nice.

i love the part from 11 frame.

Posted: 2013-01-06 02:33  (Last Edited: 2013-01-06 02:35) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#43340
Found a tiny flaw! You have a hanging vibrato command on the sawtooth channel that starts at frame 15 (decimal), which makes frame 17 sound weird.

Also, and this is purely personal, I think the pulses 1 and 2 in frames 6 to 9 are a little bit too loud compared to the rest. Those frames would benefit from loweing the volume on those two channels slightly.

Other than that this is really good stuff. Sounds like a final level in a platformer video game or something. Looking forward to hearing more like this!

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-01-06 02:53  (Last Edited: 2013-01-06 02:55) Reply | Quote
cak

Avatar

Member for: 5874 days
Location: oregon
Status: Offline

#43341
Sounds like some seriously epic endgame music from Konami's only action-based RPG released in 1992 and set in outer space. If anyone can PM me a ROM link, that'd be great.

Posted: 2013-01-06 03:29 Reply | Quote
Jayster

Avatar

Member for: 6528 days
Location: CO
Status: Offline

#43342
Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

jrlepage wrote:
Found a tiny flaw! You have a hanging vibrato command on the sawtooth channel that starts at frame 15 (decimal), which makes frame 17 sound weird.

Heh, I actually saw this when I was looking through the FTM yesterday and I was a little pissed at myself. Anyway, I changed it on my site and I'll update it here too. Luckily you can't hear it too much in the context of the whole song so I don't need to re-up everything.

DjJizzer5 wrote:
i can't really catch something of a melody, but everything overall is pretty nice.

In terms of a melody that might get stuck in your head or something, yeah, I can see that, though personally I think it still has a pretty clear melody. But I hear you, for sure, I'll be looking at that in the future if the song calls for it. Thanks again!

_______________________
Bandcamp
Youtube
Soundcloud
Website
Posted: 2013-01-07 07:06 Reply | Quote
Giggs

Avatar

Member for: 5016 days
Status: Offline

#43366
This tune convinced me to play with Famitracker for two straight days. What the what.

Posted: 2013-01-07 19:14 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#43375
I really love the section in 3/4. The melodies feel very genesis Konami-esque

Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>