Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Wididyth's beginner's little pieces of music Owner: Wididyth New post
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]
Posted: 2012-12-11 10:14  (Last Edited: 2012-12-11 10:20) Reply | Quote
Wididyth



Member for: 5056 days
Location: Paris
Status: Offline

#42721
Hi everybody ^^
It's been a while since I haven't connected there and I realize you all remember your first tracks, that allows me put into perspective the one I did =)

In an other topic I decided to try to track this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prFicLgXxw
Because I love it, but.... well, haha ... Too difficult for the moment.
I set the bar too high. I keep it in mind for another time, when I'll be better at recognize the notes and reproduce the effets.

I changed my goals and tried to make some little tracks with tunes that ran in my mind. Here is the first result ! It's still very simple, but I think that I improved a very little, so it's good for me =)

In the track "try_fast", I'm not entirely satisfied with the "Triangle" channel. You can try to listen while it is disabled as well.

I'm going to learn how to make a good "Noise" channel. I'll listen other tracks that I'll find in the forum and see how other people manage to do this. If you have any advice about the way to use this Noise channel to give me, I thank you =)


Attachments:
try1.ftm (4 Kb)
try_fast.ftm (7 Kb)
Posted: 2012-12-11 15:06 Reply | Quote
Doxic

Avatar

Member for: 5135 days
Location: California, United States
Status: Offline

#42723
I use a simple instrument, Just have a volume envelope of "15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0". I typically use E, 5,4,1 & 0. E being a light "tish", and 1 & 0 being a good kick, while, 5 & 4 can be used for a snare.
(Some people are probably going to disagree) I think you might benefit from playing with simple stuff first. It's an easy instrument to use and sounds alright.

_______________________
B00daW wrote: Memes are are like cheese; perishable.
Follow me on SoundCloud! http://soundcloud.com/thislinkisnttaken
Posted: 2012-12-11 20:14 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#42727
Last time I did this I accidentally hijacked a thread.


Attachments:
cot.ftm (31 Kb)
Posted: 2012-12-15 18:57  (Last Edited: 2012-12-15 18:59) Reply | Quote
Wididyth



Member for: 5056 days
Location: Paris
Status: Offline

#42798
Hi there ^^

Thank you Doxic, I'll try this =)

I'm currently working trying to track "Still alive", the famous credit song of Portal ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI ) but it's not already done. I'm probably gonna finish it next week, if I don't have too many exams to prepare...

Today I was looking for something easy to track, and I looked at the Zelda's Song ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLt7Rxl0GtE ), a tune wich reminded me a lot of memory ^^

I did a part of the link, what I call "the main theme" =)


Attachments:
zelda_song.ftm (5 Kb)
Posted: 2012-12-15 21:13 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#42802
It needs a lot of work, but at least it's decent. About "Still alive", I'd recommend you don't go so far unless you trust your own capabilities. Try experimenting a little more with the tracker to learn some techniques and then you can do some better stuff. Hope this didn't destroy you or your expectations about what you can do, since I usually don't express myself so good (english is not my native language, so it makes things worse).

Posted: 2012-12-15 23:17 Reply | Quote
Jayster

Avatar

Member for: 6528 days
Location: CO
Status: Offline

#42803
Don't have the ftm for either of these, but I believe one of these two were my first a few years ago when I picked FamiTracker up for a few days and then quit for a year or two.

_______________________
Bandcamp
Youtube
Soundcloud
Website
Attachments:
cvvampirekiller.nsf (32 Kb)
newbie_blips_jayster.nsf (28 Kb)
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]