Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Stranglehold Owner: Robotronus New post
Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>
Stranglehold Posted: 2012-10-30 05:49 Reply | Quote
Robotronus

Avatar

Member for: 5185 days
Location: Russia
Status: Offline

#41337
Sine-wave tune? Here, i covered one.


Attachments:
stranglehold.ftm (6 Kb)
Posted: 2012-10-30 06:44 Reply | Quote
Patashu

Avatar

Member for: 5309 days
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

#41340
Pretty <3
#songstofallasleeptoo
#bigstrongtrackerthatdontneednotimbres
#antidubstep

Posted: 2012-10-30 06:48 Reply | Quote
zephemeros

Avatar

Member for: 5504 days
Location: Campbell River, British Columbia
Status: Offline

#41341
Great job. Sounds even nicer in NSFPlay without the multiplexer hiss.

_______________________
| youtube | soundcloud |
Posted: 2012-10-30 07:10 Reply | Quote
Doxic

Avatar

Member for: 5135 days
Location: California, United States
Status: Offline

#41342
I'm 3 seconds in and I'm already sold, very nice work

_______________________
B00daW wrote: Memes are are like cheese; perishable.
Follow me on SoundCloud! http://soundcloud.com/thislinkisnttaken
Posted: 2012-10-30 07:32  (Last Edited: 2012-10-30 10:04) Reply | Quote
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#41344
This is seductive. I like hearing stuff that's not the usual high-bpm riffing (not that there's anything wrong with that) and this fits the bill perfectly. Very nice tones you got going on, which sound especially lovely in nsf form.

edit: felt like adding a beat and triangle bass for some dumb reason. here's the abomination. I'm going to bed.


Attachments:
strangleholdstep.ftm (9 Kb)
Posted: 2012-10-30 23:54 Reply | Quote
Patashu

Avatar

Member for: 5309 days
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

#41375
robro wrote:

edit: felt like adding a beat and triangle bass for some dumb reason. here's the abomination. I'm going to bed.


Now all it needs is a dubstep drop

...

Has anyone figured out how to make dubstep in famitracker yet

Posted: 2012-10-31 00:13 Reply | Quote
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#41382
This is beautiful.

zephemeros wrote:
Great job. Sounds even nicer in NSFPlay without the multiplexer hiss.


Especially nice in NSF format.

_______________________
ERROR 404: signature not found.
Posted: 2012-10-31 03:13  (Last Edited: 2012-10-31 03:36) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#41407
This could use a slightly longer decay and a lower sustain point on the envelopes, and maybe a bit of tremolo on instrument 01 too. Otherwise great job!

Actually, speaking of which, I think on channel 6 in the first couple frames you mistakenly used instrument 03 instead of 01.

I hope you edited the Famitracker registry key for this...

EDIT: I just realised this was a cover. Nice job! Still, I think even Jeroen Tel could take something from my advice. This would sound lovely with tremolo. ;)

EDIT2: I took the liberty of making this. Yes, I know don't edit people's stuff, but whatcha gonna do. Let me know what you think!

Patashu wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to make dubstep in famitracker yet

Yeah.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-10-31 04:20  (Last Edited: 2012-10-31 04:24) Reply | Quote
Patashu

Avatar

Member for: 5309 days
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

#41411
jrlepage wrote:

Patashu wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to make dubstep in famitracker yet

Yeah.


I need an ftm or nsf since I can't figure out how it's made at all XD It's ****ing black magic in nes format

Oh my goodness I want to make growls and buzzes in famitracker like these so much <3 Also, I love that the VRC6 leads in the 'chorus' sound like ones I used in Fading World hehe

Posted: 2012-10-31 04:37 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#41412
I don't think chibitech released any sort of source for this, unfortunately for you. But just by listening I can tell she probably tweaked the engine speed to something around 400 Hz to be able to achieve some of these buzzes that you hear.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-10-31 05:12 Reply | Quote
Patashu

Avatar

Member for: 5309 days
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

#41419
jrlepage wrote:
I don't think chibitech released any sort of source for this, unfortunately for you. But just by listening I can tell she probably tweaked the engine speed to something around 400 Hz to be able to achieve some of these buzzes that you hear.


#fakebit #butitsoundsogood #maybefakebitisbetterafterall #timetoexperimentwith400hz?

Posted: 2012-10-31 05:29 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#41421
Nah it's definitely not fakebit.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-10-31 05:47  (Last Edited: 2012-10-31 05:47) Reply | Quote
Patashu

Avatar

Member for: 5309 days
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline

#41422
So 400Hz is ok? OK then

#thenextfrontier #betterthanlsdj

Posted: 2012-10-31 05:59  (Last Edited: 2012-10-31 06:01) Reply | Quote
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5698 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#41423
Patashu wrote:
#betterthanlsdj



#overclockmod

_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Posted: 2012-10-31 06:20 Reply | Quote
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#41427
Someone among us needs to approach Chibitech and force her to give us a stiff lesson.

_______________________
ERROR 404: signature not found.
Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>