Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > All Paths Lead to the Void (MMC5 Original) Owner: Fezuke New post
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]
Posted: 2012-09-28 16:36 Reply | Quote
PanchoVeda

Avatar

Member for: 5133 days
Location: Twin Peaks
Status: Offline

#39984
Having heard everything since "The Atom," I always thought these songs would make up a fantastic game soundtrack. With the lucid rhythms, the crisp instrumentation, the thematic and stylistic continuity that runs from song to song, and sounding great after repeated playback, I can easily imagine these tracks being embraced by some prospective game developer. If such an opportunity came to pass, I would only hope the game does the music justice.

At any rate, great work on number 30, and I'll be looking forward to number 31!

Posted: 2012-09-28 16:47 Reply | Quote
Gamma

Avatar

Member for: 5376 days
Location: Alaska
Status: Offline

#39985
Fezuke wrote:
I have low self esteem and I have posted everything i've written up to date on this forum. So there wouldn't be anything new in it for you guys.


i tend not to reply to these sorts of things, because frankly it kind of feels like compliment bait. but, your work is consistently great. i've legitimately enjoyed everything of yours that i've heard, and any time i see one of your threads, i click into it no questions asked.

Posted: 2012-09-28 21:44 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#39991
I know what you mean Gamma, and i'm sorry if it came that way. I was not looking for pity, just stating why I never released an album. If only you knew me in real life, you'd understand where i'm coming from. I've always been sort of scared of success. I don't know why or how to explain it. When I was in heavy metal bands, we were VERY close to making it big and I kinda chickened out and ran out of the band. Being the main songwriter, I also left with all the bands songs. I know my music is listenable, but my biggest problem is that I always compare myself to the Gods out there, and I feel like i've got so much to learn and do. I find my music very basic and repetitive in comparison.

Thanks for the kind words though, it is always appreciated.


_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2012-09-28 22:09  (Last Edited: 2012-09-28 22:11) Reply | Quote
Necrophageon

Avatar

Member for: 5526 days
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

#39994
Fezuke wrote:
my biggest problem is that I always compare myself to the Gods out there, and I feel like i've got so much to learn and do. I find my music very basic and repetitive in comparison.
I used to have that same issue, but I realized that what I was really doing was never allowing myself to be fully satisfied with what I knew could be better; never stop pushing yourself, and you'll never stop growing.

Edit - All the same, there's nothing wrong with taking a step back to enjoy your work without all that worry. After all, who are you writing it for if not yourself?

_______________________
The only things certain in life are death and uncertainty.
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]