Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Ys - Final Battle (PC-8801 & FM-77AV) Owner: Shywolf New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Ys - Final Battle (PC-8801 & FM-77AV) Posted: 2011-08-20 19:35  (Last Edited: 2011-08-22 03:04) Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22052
Decided to cover both the NEC PC-8801 and Fujitsu FM-77AV versions of this song. The latter is twice as long, but it doesn't have the melodic bit that the former has throughout. Both machines use the same audio chips though (YM2203) so maybe the Fujitsu has more memory...?

Anyway, original song by Yuzo Koshiro, and the MP3s of the originals are also attached.


Edit: Fixed a number of 4xx errors that were present in my FM77-AV cover (oops!), and changed some of the instruments to sound better.


Posted: 2011-08-22 00:11 Reply | Quote
Doommaster1994

Avatar

Member for: 6019 days
Location: Seattle, WA
Status: Offline

#22107
This is pretty awesome.

RE: Ys - Final Battle (PC-8801 & FM-77AV) Posted: 2011-08-22 02:55 Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22114
Thanks!

Posted: 2011-08-22 08:04 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22133
I like your versions better than the originals

Posted: 2011-08-22 08:09 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6545 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#22134
That's interesting, I recently imported an NSF cover of the same tune done by someone else. They combined the melodic part in the beginning with the 2nd part, which felt more complete, in my opinion. I attached it for comparison.

With that being said, your cover makes excellent use of the VRC6 and I like it very much. Keep up the good work!


Attachments:
sekishun_ys_finalbattle.ftm (39 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-22 18:44 Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#22149
Thanks guys.


jrlepage wrote:
That's interesting, I recently imported an NSF cover of the same tune done by someone else. They combined the melodic part in the beginning with the 2nd part, which felt more complete, in my opinion. I attached it for comparison.


I remember listening to that awhile ago (and managed to forget all about it...); I liked how they also used DPCM samples for the bass. But yeah, combining both parts is certainly the best way to do it. I was going to do it that way, but I decided to keep them separate for comparison.

Posted: 2011-08-23 07:46 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6545 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#22226
Shywolf wrote:
I was going to do it that way, but I decided to keep them separate for comparison.

Beat you to it lolol


Attachments:
ys_final_battle_finalmix.ftm (15 Kb)
Page 1 of 1 Sort: