Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Original #2: DPCM Scares Me... Owner: Eletious New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Original #2: DPCM Scares Me... Posted: 2011-08-16 04:18 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5558 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#21745
I got bored and decided to take someone's advice (I forget who it was) and used the DPCM channel for something. Of course, the DPCM instruments weren't mine, but thats besides the point...

Anyways, here is the product of me without medication. It gets ugly at one point.

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Attachments:
epicoriginal.ftm (20 Kb)
RE: Original #2: DPCM Scares Me... Posted: 2011-08-16 04:41  (Last Edited: 2011-08-16 04:54) Reply | Quote
Shywolf



Member for: 5660 days
Status: Offline

#21746
Besides all the note clashing in the first couple of frames and the lack of volume fades anywhere, I did like the melody.

I've fixed a few of the problems and added some noise to your drums. Hope you don't mind edits


Attachments:
epicoriginal_shyedit.ftm (24 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-16 14:12  (Last Edited: 2011-08-16 14:14) Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5558 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#21759
I don't mind the edits, but I am confused as to why the noise channel now drowns out the triangle channel... I'm not mad about it, but it just confuses me.

Anyways, that was a pretty good edit.

EDIT: nevermind, you put a note cut in frame 1. That's why I never heard it.


_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-08-16 16:20 Reply | Quote
InterrobangPie

Avatar

Member for: 5761 days
Location: England
Status: Offline

#21761
Hmmmmmm

_______________________
iGotno_scope wrote:
im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to.

Attachments:
epicoriginal_shypieedit.ftm (25 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-16 17:07 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21765
DPCM is your friend

This is really good. I like what you did, guys.

Posted: 2011-08-16 23:18 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5558 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#21776
OH MY GOD PIE YOU GOT THAT EFFECT IN FRAME 3 THAT I DIDN'T PUT IN BECAUSE THE 2XX EFFECT WAS TOO MUCH! Thanks, man!

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-08-16 23:22 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21778
actually, I love this. Love it!

Posted: 2011-08-16 23:28  (Last Edited: 2011-08-16 23:29) Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5558 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#21780
Yeah, I looked at Pie's edit again, and i noticed a lot of effects there. The pitch slide he used in the triangle in frame 01 is very similar to one of the Mega Man themes. I just can't remember which one it was off the top of my head... I'll figure it out.

Nevermind my stupidity, it was Elec Man.

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-08-17 00:26 Reply | Quote
kinkinkijkin

Avatar

Member for: 5929 days
Location: Not where my face is
Status: Offline

#21790
End of frame 03: ripoff from many games.

That's all I have to say.

Posted: 2011-08-17 03:17 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5558 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#21805
Well, now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

Hopefully I can pick up a few techniques from this. They definitely do stuff. One thing though: I can totally tell that Pie prefers working with blank instrument as opposed to making a seperate instrument for each sound.

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-08-18 00:55 Reply | Quote
Jwh_018

Avatar

Member for: 5523 days
Location: Southern Ohio
Status: Offline

#21876
Nice tune! I like it all, especially towards the end. Is that the end though? I think it get especially epic in the last frame and seems like it should keep going.

Page 1 of 1 Sort: