Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Team Compo 2020 Owner: gyms New post
Page 1 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] [3] Next >>
Posted: 2011-08-14 15:10  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:41) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#21595


Posted: 2011-08-14 15:15 Reply | Quote
Mhmm

Avatar

Member for: 5529 days
Location: U.K
Status: Offline

#21597
That's some downright craaazy syncopation.

I like it.

Posted: 2011-08-14 15:15  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:41) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#21599


Posted: 2011-08-14 16:35 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21600
Ohhhhh I'm all over this. Soon as I get a minute.

<MOOT>

RE: Team Compo 2020 Posted: 2011-08-14 17:22 Reply | Quote
Mhmm

Avatar

Member for: 5529 days
Location: U.K
Status: Offline

#21601
Sketches of a melody.


Attachments:
team_compo_20201.ftm (8 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-14 17:29  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:41) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#21602


Posted: 2011-08-14 18:03  (Last Edited: 2012-02-06 07:29) Reply | Quote
Javel



Member for: 5641 days
Status: Offline

#21605
.

Posted: 2011-08-14 18:14  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:42) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#21606


Posted: 2011-08-14 20:46 Reply | Quote
DalekSam

Avatar

Member for: 5842 days
Location: United Kingdom, Belfast
Status: Offline

#21610
If this weren't VRC7 I'd consider joining this. Shame I'm horrible with that expansion, though. :/

Posted: 2011-08-14 23:04 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5546 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21628
I love how you turned an otherwise 4/4 groove into 7/8 + 9/8. My kinda thing!

I'm running short on time atm but I will get cracking on this, maybe tonight! I've already changed some stuff with the DPCM channel.

Also, that's a pretty gnarly melody you got there Mhmm...I'll leave that square channel open for you.

<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-14 23:33 Reply | Quote
Xyz_39808

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: South Texas
Status: Offline

#21632
Sounds more like 7/8 + 8/8 + an extra 1/8 to me. Not a true 9/8 (by which I don't mean the baroque 6/8 done with triplets)

I call dibs after moot & Javel do an edit.

Posted: 2011-08-14 23:36 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6545 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#21633
gyms wrote:
btw, about VRC7, I never noticed how incredibly low the volumes on the triangle and DPCM get. You gotta turn the volume on the damn squares to like, 4 to compensate.

I think it's the whole 2a03 chip's level that goes way down; this is done to compensate for the VRC7 having a much higher dB output than any other expansion chip (to the best of my knowledge). This is why you have to be extra careful with the volumes on the VRC7 to make sure you don't drown out the 2a03 by having all channels at max volume. :p

I might do something later, I might not. Who knows! I'm not going to reserve a spot just yet though.

Posted: 2011-08-15 00:06 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5549 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#21635
Well, I added a little something to it for the beginning.

Checkz it out.


Attachments:
team_compo_20202.ftm (9 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-15 01:48  (Last Edited: 2011-08-15 01:50) Reply | Quote
Mhmm

Avatar

Member for: 5529 days
Location: U.K
Status: Offline

#21644
Xyz_39808 wrote:
Sounds more like 7/8 + 8/8 + an extra 1/8 to me. Not a true 9/8 (by which I don't mean the baroque 6/8 done with triplets)

I call dibs after moot & Javel do an edit.
I'd say it stays firmly in time all the way. Occam's razor and all.
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4

The emphasis on 4 really throws you off. Lovely stuff.

Posted: 2011-08-15 02:45  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:42) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5746 days
Status: Offline

#21647


Page 1 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] [3] Next >>