Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Shuffle For Shmups Owner: mootbooxle New post
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]
Posted: 2011-08-14 09:16 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6412 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#21584
Holy badassery.

Are you sure you haven't been secretly using Famitracker for a few months but just haven't told us?

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-08-14 09:43 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5544 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21587
danooct1 wrote:
Holy badassery.

Are you sure you haven't been secretly using Famitracker for a few months but just haven't told us?


Thank you man, it means a lot coming from you...I totally respect your Famitracker skills.

I promise - the amount of days it says I've been a member here - that's the amount of days I've had the program.
And what's more, so far I've shared here every single piece I've made with it!

I'm a quick learner.

<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-14 18:03 Reply | Quote
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5710 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#21604
By the way, you don't actually have to trust us. I mean, this is a public place. A lot of the regulars you can probably trust, but anybody can walk in off the net and steal anything posted here. This has happened, though it usually doesn't amount to much.

Anyhow, cool tune, and I hope you do continue to share.

Posted: 2011-08-14 21:21 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5547 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#21613
moot is friggin' awesome.

Posted: 2011-08-14 21:34 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5684 days
Status: Offline

#21614
Don't worry, I'm not really gonna take your dmc samples. I usually rip my own from Gen/SNES games. One of these days, I'm thinking to make a download for a bunch of the ones I have.

Anyway, you're really talented. You're not going to do anything but improve from here on.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-08-14 21:35  (Last Edited: 2011-08-14 21:38) Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5544 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21615
rainwarrior wrote:
By the way, you don't actually have to trust us. I mean, this is a public place. A lot of the regulars you can probably trust, but anybody can walk in off the net and steal anything posted here. This has happened, though it usually doesn't amount to much.

Anyhow, cool tune, and I hope you do continue to share.


Thanks a lot, rainwarrior. I'm generally a very trusting person, but I've been in the music business long enough to know that trust has its limits. That said, it's not like I'm afraid somebody's gonna take my little DMCs and make a zillion dollars. It ain't that serious, I want to stress that - it's not an issue at all. We're all sharing and learning from each other here, and that's a beautiful thing - and quite hard to find!
I guess the bottom line is, I like my drum samples cause they're my own creation, but I'm not gonna die if someone else uses them. Just ask me; I'll probably say yes!

XERO wrote:
moot is friggin' awesome.


I can feel my ego swelling by the minute. It's giving me a pretty wicked head rush.
Seriously man, that's nice of you. You are obviously pretty talented yourself!

Raijin wrote:
Don't worry, I'm not really gonna take your dmc samples. I usually rip my own from Gen/SNES games. One of these days, I'm thinking to make a download for a bunch of the ones I have.

Anyway, you're really talented. You're not going to do anything but improve from here on.


You can use 'em if you want to. I'd like to hear some of the ones you have! I'm thinking about grabbing the ones off of Batman: ROTJ. They're pretty good.

And thanks! You never know, I might start sucking all of a sudden.

Onward!
<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-14 21:42 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5684 days
Status: Offline

#21617
If I'm not mistaken, the ones used in Batman: RotJ are Triangle + Noise.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-08-14 21:55 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5544 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21619
Raijin wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the ones used in Batman: RotJ are Triangle + Noise.


Those toms though!

Posted: 2011-08-14 22:02  (Last Edited: 2011-08-14 22:24) Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5684 days
Status: Offline

#21622
mootbooxle wrote:
Raijin wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the ones used in Batman: RotJ are Triangle + Noise.


Those toms though!

I opened up an NSF to make sure. Triangle + Noise is percussion. Kick, Snare and Toms. DPCM is used for bass.

Edit: Attached an example of Sunsoft badarsery as an example.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Attachments:
silius_stage_2.ftm (293 Kb)
Posted: 2011-08-14 22:43 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5544 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#21627
Man...have I got it mixed up with another game? I heard some great sampled toms yesterday (I always listen to NSFs in the gym...best workout music ever!).

BTW, I love Journey to Silius music!

Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]