Thanks, danooct.
I know you can rip DPCMs from NSFs, but it at least requires some effort. It's one click to just pluck instruments from .ftm's.
I'm not that bothered about it really, I just kinda like these, as I pulled them from multisamples I made of my own drum kit (except for the kick, which came from a Linn Drum).
Also, if you want to make it harder for people to try & rip your samples, you can always compile your NSFs into NES ROMs with No-Carrier's NES software (like LogoNES, GalleryNES, ScrollNES or VegaPlay).
_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
@rainwarrior of course I have your importer! I haven't ever used it for anything though.
@danooct1 you're a man of integrity.
I just figured that adding that one extra step of importing the NSF would be enough to deter casual sample-snatchers (if I was gravely concerned about it, yeah, I would have just put up a sound clip).
@gyms I was using the internal FT converter...thanks for the tip! I'll definitely use rushjet1's from now on.
@TechEmporium I hadn't thought of that! I appreciate the info.
@shywolf thanks for the compliments! Also, I haven't heard of, let alone played, Uchuu Keibitai SDF - I'm going to do that right away!
I kinda had Crisis Force in mind while making this.
@Raijin it's all good man, good toms are hard to come by!
@cak I appreciate it very much!
@Tech LOL! After all these years, Kaa is STILL mad creepy!
My goals for this tune were to
1. Use only 2A03 (I'm always tempted to use VRC6, just cause!)
2. Make a tight shuffle drum groove w/ ghost notes
3. Use somewhat irregular phrasing
4. Use unorthodox chord changes (it fools you into thinking it'll be a 12-bar blues structure by going to the IV chord...then throws you for a loop)