Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Last Defense of Our Time Official Soundtrack Owner: Perspection New post
Page 3 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3]
Posted: 2011-07-20 09:15  (Last Edited: 2012-10-25 08:00) Reply | Quote
gyms



Member for: 5743 days
Status: Offline

#20140


Posted: 2011-07-20 11:03 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#20141
I've consolidated a few posts here and there. In the future please make an effort to keep it all in one post and avoid multiple subsequent posts.

"Post less, say more" is the key phrase here. Cheers~~

Posted: 2011-07-20 15:57 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6572 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#20155
I made another edit to the intro of the cutscene thing (it's similar to gyms's but more echoey). It makes the intro seem a bit less empty. Also the beginning just seemed like there should be a pitch up lead in for some reason - no idea why that idea struck me.


Attachments:
cut_scene_2focusrj1edit.ftm (16 Kb)
Posted: 2011-07-20 19:00 Reply | Quote
Perspection

Avatar

Member for: 5550 days
Location: Baltimore, MD
Status: Offline

#20168
gyms,
Thanks! These are great suggestions! Only one problem, though, I didn't hear the square tracks at all. My original files are still playing them, but the files I downloaded from you are not playing the melody tracks at all. Is this because of an update or something that is required to make them play? I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe I'll go to the home page and make sure I have the most updated version.

-Rob

Posted: 2011-07-20 19:23 Reply | Quote
Perspection

Avatar

Member for: 5550 days
Location: Baltimore, MD
Status: Offline

#20170
I think someone tried to IM me. Can you try again? It didn't pop up. (Not sure how IM works on this site or if it even works)

Posted: 2011-07-21 02:58 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6411 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#20194
Perspection wrote:
I think someone tried to IM me. Can you try again? It didn't pop up. (Not sure how IM works on this site or if it even works)


wat

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-07-21 03:02  (Last Edited: 2011-07-21 03:16) Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6044 days
Status: Offline

#20195
Perspection wrote:
TechEmporium,
Though my game is not free (not sure how people got that idea), your description of iTunes app policies was very helpful. Yeah, this was a move to hopefully get some positive feedback and some presence on the Internet. I did not expect people to jump on it so harshly...

...Things to keep in mind for bossmusic:
It's meant to sound more old school, so less worry about the duty, also, I know that it should be in 6/8 tempo, but I made it "fake swing" in a regular 4/4 tempo to make it sound more robotic and nervous. Think "danger Will Robinson" robot dancing, or "We are the Robots" by Kraftwerk. I think it ended up being a very cool effect.

Thanks again,
Rob


Yeah; I know how it feels to put so much into something, only to have someone point out something in a negative light (once in high school, I created a 1:10 scale trebuchet catapult out of scrap 2x4 lumber, only to have the unit backfire my projectile & nearly hit my shop teacher. It was kind of his fault because he miscalculated the ballast's weight by a margin of +30 lbs when I calculated it to be exactly 40 lbs). He complained about that to me; all I could tell him was to learn better physics. :P

And no worries about sticking up for you; Crapple's dev network really does suck & that's one of the reasons (besides actual profit) that would drive anyone to charge for music downloads (seeing that app downloads aren't as likely to generate a good amount of money than multiple music downloads).

I didn't mean to be harsh on you with my criticism, but I can understand how frustrated one can get from too much criticism in one shot. Mind you, it's actually difficult for any criticism to be as constructive as you'd hope for until source code/music notation is presented; sometimes, it's easier to demonstrate a modification than it is to try & explain it verbally.

As for the music being presentable for its intended themes, I was actually talking about the preview's cut-scene music; I did listen to the entire video & still didn't find it as impressing as it could be. Mind you, here's a neat trick you can use; the problem you were having with the A-3 vibrato pop is because of the use of a particular instrument setting. I find the best way to avoid this pop is to use the 4xx effect; a value of 463 should do it. Just be sure to play that particular note without any pitch settings in its instrument, or else it will defeat the purpose of the 4xx effect.

The original boss music, to me, has the false swing indeed, but I don't find it as nerve-wracking as I do unsettling in a weird way; I tend to think more of a dancing, robotic Richard Simmons, honestly. I dig the tune, but I hope that it actually complements the particular boss that you're fighting in the game. I find gym's modifications a greater improvement because it tries to moderate the amount of discord to a level that's a bit more suitable.

By the way, Perspection, there's no IM on this site; there's only PM (private messaging). It's more like an equivalent of e-mail, restricted only to users within the forum. All you do is click on the PM link in the left-hand link bar & you should be able to read & send messages. It's not instant, though.

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-07-21 04:00 Reply | Quote
Perspection

Avatar

Member for: 5550 days
Location: Baltimore, MD
Status: Offline

#20202
Gyms,
Thanks for sending me some of your works and talking some of this stuff out with me. I liked "Get Up" a lot. Very cool. I haven't found out how to use the Konami style tracks yet, but I'd like to very soon.

Oh, and thank you very much for remixing my tunes. It is cool that you would take the time to do that. I will examine the effects you added when I get some time to do so and try to learn how to do them.

Thanks,
Rob


Page 3 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3]