Good stuff so far! It has been done before though, by ~J-@D!~. :p To my knowledge, he didn't do the whole soundtrack, just 1-1 and some sound effects. I did 1-2 (see attachement below).
The only things I can see that are wrong in song 1:
-The square leads need one frame of silence at the beginning of every note.
-The noise drums feels a bit short to me as well, but I'm not sure whether you got it right or ~J-@D!~ did. I'm going to attach his rendition of the same soundtrack.
-Song 1 starts playing at speed 12 instead of 6. o.O
Here's ~J-@D!~'s soundtrack (with my 1-2 at the end):
I covered the songs using NSFplug, which, as you may know, if you use it, displays the volumes of the different instruments used, so I was going by the numbers shown. Sorry about overworld's speed, I seem to have overlooked that. Also, would you mind if I use your 1-2 rendition in my OST?
I covered the songs using NSFplug, which, as you may know, if you use it, displays the volumes of the different instruments used, so I was going by the numbers shown.
Yeah I just checked, you got the volume values right, but you still need to add that 0 in front of your square lead instrument's volume envelopes. Just listen to the original 1-1 with the noise muted and time expansion set to x8, and you'll notice there's a delay between the triangle bass and squares leads.
Im_a_Track_Man wrote:
Also, would you mind if I use your 1-2 rendition in my OST?
Nah, go ahead. Although it's not difficult to make at all, but if you're feeling lazy you can just include mine I guess. :p Just credit me if you do.
I think I got 1-2 down but I'll Check which sounds more accurate, Yours probably. I've also covered The castle and star themes, but I can't quite get the notes for the slides at the beginning of the death tune.
Didn't nicetas or someone cover the whole thing? I have a ftm with the whole soundtrack on my laptop at least.
Yes; he covered SMB 1 completely & covered SMB 3 completely except for the closing credits.
I'd be interested in a copy of that file if you have it. :o
IaTM, your soundtrack sounds a bit off to me in a couple places. I'm not on my computer as we speak and it's pretty late right now so I won't get into details just yet...
Here's Nicetas' FTM. Contains the entire OSTs to SMB1 and 3.
And in that FTM he forgot the level end is only octave 4 in the SNES version, the NES version was in octave 3.
Who said anything about the SNES version?
I was saying that the original NES version's level end's E C chord is in octave 3 and 4, while in the SNES version, that chord is as it is in nicetas's FTM. (4 and 5)
Here's Nicetas' FTM. Contains the entire OSTs to SMB1 and 3.
And in that FTM he forgot the level end is only octave 4 in the SNES version, the NES version was in octave 3.
Who said anything about the SNES version?
I was saying that the original NES version's level end's E C chord is in octave 3 and 4, while in the SNES version, that chord is as it is in nicetas's FTM. (4 and 5)
That's funny... The FTM sounds completely accurate to the NES version. Oh kinkinkijkin, you maek me laff.