Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > I'm Surprised... (finalized 2:00 eastern 6/22/11) Owner: Im_a_Track_Man New post
Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]
Posted: 2011-06-23 22:35 Reply | Quote
kinkinkijkin

Avatar

Member for: 5926 days
Location: Not where my face is
Status: Offline

#18825
Raijin wrote:
kinkinkijkin wrote:
Raijin wrote:
kinkinkijkin wrote:
danooct1 wrote:
Here's Nicetas' FTM. Contains the entire OSTs to SMB1 and 3.
And in that FTM he forgot the level end is only octave 4 in the SNES version, the NES version was in octave 3.

Who said anything about the SNES version?
I was saying that the original NES version's level end's E C chord is in octave 3 and 4, while in the SNES version, that chord is as it is in nicetas's FTM. (4 and 5)

That's funny... The FTM sounds completely accurate to the NES version. Oh kinkinkijkin, you maek me laff.
..... I remember quite clearly the note going down when I last played the game (a couple minutes ago) and I don't have a slow computer.

Posted: 2011-06-23 22:49  (Last Edited: 2011-06-23 22:50) Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#18826
kinkinkijkin wrote:
..... I remember quite clearly the note going down when I last played the game (a couple minutes ago) and I don't have a slow computer.

Okay, I just ripped wav files from the original NSF and Nicetas' and played in audacity. The only difference is that Nicetas has a slightly altered square 2. At fow 21-24 in the FTM, he has D-4 D-4 D-4 C-5. Whereas the original has just one long D-4 followed by C-5. But, Nicetas also has a slightly different Triangle as well at the exact same place. He has one long D-4 followed by a C-4 whereas the original has D-4 D-4 D-4 C-4. So if you switched them around, Nicetas' FTM is not different from the original in any way.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-24 01:41  (Last Edited: 2011-06-24 01:43) Reply | Quote
TechEmporium

Avatar

Member for: 6045 days
Status: Offline

#18830
Raijin wrote:
kinkinkijkin wrote:
danooct1 wrote:
Here's Nicetas' FTM. Contains the entire OSTs to SMB1 and 3.
And in that FTM he forgot the level end is only octave 4 in the SNES version, the NES version was in octave 3.

Who said anything about the SNES version?


Track 1 of the FTM isn't an NES cover, Raijin; it's a cover of Super Mario All Stars for the Super NES.

_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-06-24 02:00 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5683 days
Status: Offline

#18831
TechEmporium wrote:
Raijin wrote:
kinkinkijkin wrote:
danooct1 wrote:
Here's Nicetas' FTM. Contains the entire OSTs to SMB1 and 3.
And in that FTM he forgot the level end is only octave 4 in the SNES version, the NES version was in octave 3.

Who said anything about the SNES version?


Track 1 of the FTM isn't an NES cover, Raijin; it's a cover of Super Mario All Stars for the Super NES.


I know, but he isn't even talking about that track. He said the level clear theme not the title theme from a completely different era. That's the only track from the SNES version because the FC version didn't have a title theme, but kinkinkijkin is comparing the level clear theme from the first game to Nicetas' cover and saying it sounds like the SMAS version for whatever reason.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-24 05:48 Reply | Quote
Bradley

Avatar

Member for: 5740 days
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

#18841
HOLY FIVE MINUTE WING CAP EDIT

Also, nice OST of the original SMB. I saved it for future lissenin's.

_______________________
Check out my SoundCloud for both twangs and bloops.
https://soundcloud.com/aliceglassbaskets
Attachments:
smb_ost_1.0.ftm (43 Kb)
Posted: 2011-06-25 19:57 Reply | Quote
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5697 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#18885
I'm guessing that that went to me, and thus, I thank you. Also, Nicetas' FTM reminds me of something I thought of when first playing SMB3, the W3 and W4 themes sound like 2 different parts of the same song.

Posted: 2011-07-13 22:56 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5555 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#19912
This makes me happy.

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-07-13 22:59 Reply | Quote
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5697 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#19913
Well that was a huge bump, but I'm glad you like it

_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Posted: 2011-07-13 23:03 Reply | Quote
Eletious

Avatar

Member for: 5555 days
Location: Columbus, OH.
Status: Offline

#19914
Only by a month! Okay, yeah, that WAS a huge bump...

_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Posted: 2011-07-14 07:47 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6542 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#19936
Eletious wrote:
Only by a month! Okay, yeah, that WAS a huge bump...

Yes. Don't do that. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2]