Street Fighter 2010 - Planet 3 (cover + remake) Posted: 2011-06-13 20:57 (Last Edited: 2011-06-13 20:57 )
Reply |
Quote
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#18468
I stumbled across the AVGN's review of Street Fighter 2010 and there were some tunes I liked, so I checked out the soundtrack and decided to remake my favourite one, Planet 3.
But I thought the tune had unexploited potential, so I decided that in addition to covering it, I'd make my own version of it. It's not very different from the original, but I made it one semitone higher, made my own instruments and changed a couple things here and there as well. Did I succeed in making it better? Let me know!
By the way, the original's tempo was 250 BPM, which is an irregular tempo for the NTSC clock rate, but sounds fine at PAL speed, so I made both versions just because.
-FTM-
Original - NTSC
Original - PAL
My version
-NSF-
My version
Original soundtrack (Akumu Archive)
Enjoy!
TechEmporium
Member for: 6044 days Status: Offline
#18476
And enjoy I did.
Somehow, I like your take on the soundtrack more than the original.
_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology! )
Xyz_39808
Member for: 5740 days Location: South Texas Status: Offline
#18478
Still had to manually set the clock speed to PAL for the palversion for some reason.
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#18479
Xyz_39808 wrote:
Still had to manually set the clock speed to PAL for the palversion for some reason.
What version are you using? I just opened the FTM in 0.3.7b and it set itself to 50Hz automatically. o.O
Thanks for the feedback TechEmporium!
Xyz_39808
Member for: 5740 days Location: South Texas Status: Offline
#18482
Oh shoot! Totally forgot about the beta! Why have I still been using 0.3.6 haha
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#18486
Xyz_39808 wrote:
Oh shoot! Totally forgot about the beta! Why have I still been using 0.3.6 haha
So what did you think of the tune then? :p
IroncladPhazon
Member for: 5930 days Location: Unknown - Last seen with Mike Wazowski Status: Offline
#18487
I really like your take on it, sounds great lol
_______________________
- A Czar Dolphin
Main YT Channel
YT Music Alt
Chipmusic
danooct1
Member for: 6411 days Location: Dallas, TX Status: Offline
#18496
Excellent job with this! Mind if I post the cover I made a long time ago too?
_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Attachments:
sf2010.ftm (10 Kb)
Posted: 2011-06-15 02:57 (Last Edited: 2011-06-15 05:33 )
Reply |
Quote
TechEmporium
Member for: 6044 days Status: Offline
#18499
That's also a great tune. To me, it sounds like a merger of the original Street Fighter games & Mega Man; a cool combination.
_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology! )
Mex
Member for: 6201 days Location: Victoria, British Columbia Status: Offline
#18500
... WHAT
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#18501
Something wrong?
Mex
Member for: 6201 days Location: Victoria, British Columbia Status: Offline
#18502
Apparently TechEmporium doesn't know what Street Fighter 2010 is
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#18503
It's his right.
Posted: 2011-06-15 05:02 (Last Edited: 2011-06-15 06:35 )
Reply |
Quote
danooct1
Member for: 6411 days Location: Dallas, TX Status: Offline
#18504
TO PARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY
_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Raijin
Member for: 5682 days Status: Offline
#18505
Being pretty unfamiliar with this game I have to say that the music is pretty good. Cool cover dood!
_______________________
Youtube Channel