These songs are all 8-bit Famicom songs (some would work on an NES but many use the Japanese-only expansion chips). I used both Famitracker and PPMCK to write them.
First of all, I like the album art! Now let me say some words about the songs I liked the most.
1. Depth of Perception - Nice chord progressions and melodies. The signature lick of the song really stands out from the rest of the song, bringing an interesting contrast to the other parts (which are sad or spooky), and I love it when you come back to that part. You really nailed the ending to this song.
2. Ancient Ruin Adventure - Once again, powerful chords and melodies, and you nailed the ending.
3. Exam Slam - Love the DPCM channel in this song. Cool breakdown at 0:50, and transition into the next section. Love the arps at 1:40!
Best song on the album?
These are great! I especially like Exam Slam, Ancient Ruin Adventure, Percep (Perception?) and Return to Control and its reprise (even though I had already heard a bit as you've had it in the Music Lobby for a while)
Also the Predication sounds quite like the Devil's OFFSPR~1.BAT with its strange time signature and shit
_______________________
iGotno_scope wrote:
im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to.
Oh, man! I wish I had thought of that cymbal crash + high hat instrument (in percep.ftm). That's brilliant!
Wow, an admirable technique indeed. When I gave it a first listen on Ubik I thought that maybe it was DPCM crash or something. Will definitely take note of this.
Rushjet1 wrote:
InterrobangPie wrote:
Also the Predication sounds quite like the Devil's OFFSPR~1.BAT with its strange time signature and shit