Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Animaniacs (Genesis) Jungle/Cave Area Owner: Zamual New post
Page 2 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] Next >>
Posted: 2013-02-05 03:23  (Last Edited: 2013-02-05 04:45) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44066
Look at what you made me do!!! (you'll need Deflemask though). \( 'o')/

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-02-05 06:58 Reply | Quote
Zamual

Avatar

Member for: 5019 days
Location: Bergen, Norway
Status: Offline

#44070
Oh my god! I can't open it! D:>

It says something about being one document open...
:c

_______________________
My Soundcloud
Posted: 2013-02-05 07:55 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44072
Just download Deflemask 9 and open the DMF and it should work.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-02-05 14:24 Reply | Quote
Zamual

Avatar

Member for: 5019 days
Location: Bergen, Norway
Status: Offline

#44077
Oh my god! I love it! <3

_______________________
My Soundcloud
Posted: 2013-02-06 01:04 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#44088
Nice hyper-accurate cover jrlepage. How the hell did you do that?

By the way, why when you upload Dropbox links they appear broken after some time?

Posted: 2013-02-06 01:12  (Last Edited: 2013-02-06 01:14) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44089
Thanks! I didn't intend to hijack this topic, so if you want to continue discussion on my cover, you're welcome to do so here.

They 404 after a while because dropbox files are stored on my computer in addition to the dropbox servers. So when I think a file is old enough that no one will be downloading it anymore, I delete it (or move it elsewhere in my Dropbox infrastructure) to save space and tidy up my /Public folder. If you stumble on one of these links and you'd like to see what the file being linked to was, drop me a line via PM and I'll send it your way.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-02-06 15:26  (Last Edited: 2013-02-06 15:29) Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#44106
Nice to know that. Thanks!

Hey, wait! The first time or so I ran into this was with the DemoCompo schedules. I was interested in how you guys did with the competition and the deadlines, chips to use and so, but it 404'd me. And by the way, are there going to be more DemoCompo installments, or is it enough with what we have already?

Posted: 2013-02-06 15:50 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#44108
I might host another one after WinterChip, time permitting.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2013-02-06 15:55 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#44110
Yeah! Might participate if that's the case.

Posted: 2013-02-06 23:31 Reply | Quote
Ares64

Avatar

Member for: 5440 days
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Status: Offline

#44125
same, depending on the expansion

Posted: 2013-02-09 13:22 Reply | Quote
Zamual

Avatar

Member for: 5019 days
Location: Bergen, Norway
Status: Offline

#44174
Fixed some errors and added some channels. :3

Does it sound better or worse?

_______________________
My Soundcloud
Attachments:
animaniacs_loop_thing....ftm (151 Kb)
Posted: 2013-02-09 14:47 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#44176
Sounds better and worse. Let me explain:

Why it sounds better? Because it now sounds more complete and bright.

Why it sounds worse? Because of the amount of Namco channels. Maybe you already knew this, but when you enable a high amount of channels in the Namco expansion(7 or 8), there will be a very audible noise at 17,5 khz or 15 khz(7 and 8 channels respectively). This can be used to your advantage, as well as it can destroy your song.

This version definitely sounds better because of the new channels, but the amount of Namco ones definitely hurts my ears. It's not that bad, but be careful when using too much channels.

Posted: 2013-02-09 15:02 Reply | Quote
Zamual

Avatar

Member for: 5019 days
Location: Bergen, Norway
Status: Offline

#44178
I knew that it would sound weird at 7-8 channels... But luckily i didn't have so high tones. I will be more careful with that in the future.

BTW, thank you. :D


_______________________
My Soundcloud
Posted: 2013-02-09 16:07  (Last Edited: 2013-02-09 16:08) Reply | Quote
MovieMovies1

Avatar

Member for: 5933 days
Location: Norway
Status: Offline

#44181


Posted: 2013-02-09 21:42 Reply | Quote
Zamual

Avatar

Member for: 5019 days
Location: Bergen, Norway
Status: Offline

#44199
Tusen takk! <3

_______________________
My Soundcloud
Page 2 of 3 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] Next >>