Acidjazzed Evening (WIP) Posted: 2012-12-04 19:54 (Last Edited: 2012-12-05 18:51 )
Reply |
Quote
Im_a_Track_Man
Member for: 5698 days Location: Plantation, Florida Status: Offline
#42552
I just couldn't resist. It's only the first four frames, but I think this qualifies for its own thread considering the amount of time put in so far.
EDIT: Added tri's octave "solo" and four frames of the main melody (loops back to triangle solo)
_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Attachments:
acidjazz.ftm (21 Kb)
Jan125
Member for: 5046 days Location: Germany Status: Offline
#42553
Whoa man, that sounds really smooth. But I need to say, pretty high number of the first and the last pattern, eh?
Keep on, can't wait to hear the final version!
Posted: 2012-12-04 20:09 (Last Edited: 2012-12-04 20:09 )
Reply |
Quote
Dwedit
Member for: 6533 days Location: Chicago Status: Offline
#42555
I did an unfinished conversion of that song a long time ago.
I made a MOD to FTM converter, but it wasn't finished. (Warning, unfinished and buggy)
Attachments:
acidjazzed.ftm (72 Kb)
Posted: 2012-12-05 00:46 (Last Edited: 2012-12-05 00:48 )
Reply |
Quote
Delek
Member for: 5904 days Status: Offline
#42565
I did a nes Version of Acidjazzed some years ago. NSF here and here a very crazy video on YT.
I love this tune.
_______________________
Delek's Website
DefleMask Tracker
Delek's SoundCloud
Delek's YouTube Channel
zephemeros
Member for: 5504 days Location: Campbell River, British Columbia Status: Offline
#42577
Great tune, great cover. You should finish it.
MovieMovies1
Member for: 5934 days Location: Norway Status: Offline
#42580
zephemeros wrote:
Great tune, great cover. You should finish it.
I agree.
I was working on a cover of this too, but never added anything after some time in december last year. If you want to listen, it is in the attachment.
Attachments:
acid_jazz.ftm (19 Kb)
Posted: 2012-12-05 16:44 (Last Edited: 2012-12-05 18:49 )
Reply |
Quote
Im_a_Track_Man
Member for: 5698 days Location: Plantation, Florida Status: Offline
#42585
OK, THAT'S cool. I never thought to use the DPCM as bass.
EDIT: Added more - see OP.
_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Posted: 2012-12-26 21:27 (Last Edited: 2012-12-27 05:00 )
Reply |
Quote
Im_a_Track_Man
Member for: 5698 days Location: Plantation, Florida Status: Offline
#43082
Got a SIGNIFICANT amount done. Should be done by this weekend, if I can be bothered (I likely will).
EDIT: I'll also likely use RJDMC for the samples (seeing as i have it, but haven't used it).
_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Attachments:
acidjazz.ftm (38 Kb)
Mr_Master
Member for: 5081 days Status: Offline
#43086
PLEASE FINISH THIS!!! It's pretty damn good!
Bradley
Member for: 5741 days Location: Ohio Status: Offline
#43093
For some reason I can hear this in a Mega Man game. Perhaps an early Wily stage or something.
It's very good.
_______________________
Check out my SoundCloud for both twangs and bloops.
https://soundcloud.com/aliceglassbaskets
Posted: 2012-12-27 16:20 (Last Edited: 2012-12-29 18:06 )
Reply |
Quote
Mr_Master
Member for: 5081 days Status: Offline
#43097
Coming back to complain! The triangle is a little loud in frames 05 to 08 and 11 to 14. It's a bit painful, but hopefully you will fix that.
I think your first version had a quieter triangle at that section.
EDIT: I don't know why, but now it sounds quieter to me.
Dwedit
Member for: 6533 days Location: Chicago Status: Offline
#43161
So are you guys all familiar with the plagiarism scandal surrounding this song and producer Timbaland?
Song in question (Youtube)
Wikipedia Link about controversy
Posted: 2012-12-30 04:26 (Last Edited: 2012-12-30 04:30 )
Reply |
Quote
Mr_Master
Member for: 5081 days Status: Offline
#43166
Well, as soon as I watched the video on Youtube(I mean Acidjazzed Evening), I knew about that. I had read the Wikipedia link before. All I can say is that Timbaland is, ummmmm, can someone help me with a word to put here?
EDIT: I found it. Maybe Timbaland is the "Idiot" and the "Freakin' jerk" here.
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6543 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#43167
"wanker" comes to mind.
_______________________
Follow me on Twitter .
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render .
Posted: 2012-12-31 01:27 (Last Edited: 2012-12-31 02:06 )
Reply |
Quote
Im_a_Track_Man
Member for: 5698 days Location: Plantation, Florida Status: Offline
#43191
Yeah, I was aware. And actually commend Janne for trying to do something about it...
He failed... but at least he tried.
EDIT: Actually it was the SID conversion that was stolen (and thinking about it, I probably should have contacted Mr. Sunni beforehand to prevent any shitstorm [not that there's any reason to be one])
_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)