Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Some Mega Man stuff... **UPDATED** Owner: Warheart New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Some Mega Man stuff... **UPDATED** Posted: 2012-11-26 16:53  (Last Edited: 2012-11-30 01:14) Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5054 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#42282
I'm probably too late for this party...
Anyway, here's some stuff that I've been doing lately. Creating music is something that is very new for me, so go easy on me...
I'm not sure about the instruments (how they look like and the names LOL), but I did my best...

Edit: Oh, I forgot to credit tssf for some instruments and ZeroJanitor for his .ftm file of Hard Man (for some notes and all the vibratos), otherwise my version would have been less accurate.


MM1
- Cut Man
- Fire Man

MMII (GB)
- Hard Man

MM5
- Gravity Man
- Napalm Man
- Wily's Castle

MM7
- Stage Select

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Attachments:
mm5_retro.ftm (56 Kb)
mm1_and_gb_retro1.ftm (38 Kb)
Posted: 2012-11-26 17:03 Reply | Quote
PaulMannIV

Avatar

Member for: 5221 days
Location: Louisville Ky
Status: Offline

#42283
If I had to give an award for best covers for Mega Man songs, I think I'd have to give it to you. I especially liked the cover on Gravity Man and Napalm Man.

ZeroJanitor also gets some serious brownie points for his Hard Man cover.

You, ZeroJanitor, and tssf have now gotten 20% cooler (no, I'm not a brony, but I respect the show and the community)

Posted: 2012-11-26 17:14 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#42287
I liked how you made them sound, really accurate. However, Cutman was a little wrong with some triangle notes, so I fixed it for you. Otherwise, all the songs are OK.

PS: Try fixing the noise channel on Cutman too, it's a little off.


Attachments:
mm1andgb_retro1_little_fix.ftm (36 Kb)
Posted: 2012-11-26 19:22  (Last Edited: 2012-11-26 19:29) Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5054 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#42294
@Paul

Naaah, I think there are guys that do a better job than I. But thanks anyway, I appreciate it.
Btw, I really like your Mario covers!


@Master

How could I miss that (row 4, right?)!? thanks for noticing!

I actually kinda like how the Noise channel is right now.
But IDK, maybe I'll take a look at it and see if I can improve it...



QUESTION: How can I upload songs to Youtube?

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2012-11-26 20:54 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#42307
Warheart wrote:
QUESTION: How can I upload songs to Youtube?

Use something like Camtasia, Hypercam or any other screen capture program, make a recording of the tune playing in Famitracker, compress it and upload it to Youtube.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-11-27 03:22 Reply | Quote
nintendude8

Avatar

Member for: 6033 days
Location: me mums car
Status: Offline

#42323
megaman 2 hard man cover.
that end of frame 08 sounds familiar.
VERY FAMILIAR.

Posted: 2012-11-27 06:33 Reply | Quote
Necrophageon

Avatar

Member for: 5526 days
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

#42329
That is the strangest thing... I had Cut Man's stage stuck in my head at work today... and here it is.

These are pretty good reproductions.

_______________________
The only things certain in life are death and uncertainty.
Posted: 2012-11-27 19:51 Reply | Quote
Ares64

Avatar

Member for: 5440 days
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Status: Offline

#42347
some of the triangle notes are still off in cut man

also the noise sounds weird before the faster bit

Posted: 2012-11-27 20:05 Reply | Quote
WakeOfPoseidon2



Member for: 5383 days
Status: Offline

#42349


_______________________
The non-talented musician =P

Posted: 2012-11-28 00:28  (Last Edited: 2012-11-28 00:30) Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5054 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#42365
OK, after reading some posts and listening to the original songs again, I've updated the following:

Gravity Man
- Frame 1, Square 2: The first E-4 note, changed Q32 to Q52
- Frame 4-6, Square 2: Changed the instrument 0D and changed the pitch in every note (P81)
- Removed all the 400's that I've forgot to remove

Wily
- Fixed the F-2 and C-4 notes in frame 11 respective 13 (Thanks Poseidon!)

Hard Man
- Changed some notes from Frame 2 to 4


I'm also gonna take a closer look at Cut Man since there seems to be a lot of problem. After listening the song for a while, the Noise channel could actually be improved.

And I think that I also want to change Fire Man's percussion because it's a little too repetitive and boring for me.

Thank you guys! I really appreciate it

@Poseidon

When I did the MM7 Stage Select, I was only listening to the SNES version. I was just curious how the song would sound with MM5 instruments, so I started to cover Napalm Man and use those instruments. I also listened a little to the MM5 SS, just so that my cover wouldn't have sounded too much Napalm Man and not a typical SS.

The A#4 note was a mistake, it should have been a A#3. And no, the Square 2 parts are not in the original, it's just something that I came up with.


@Pinkie Pie

At first I had no idea what you were talking about, but after one quick search in Youtube... LOL
Seriously I had no idea that I did the same thing as you did there, I didn't even knew about your VRC6 cover of this song. But I have to say that your cover is really good

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
RE: Some Mega Man stuff... **UPDATED** Posted: 2012-11-30 01:18 Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5054 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#42432
Now I hope that I've fixed everything. Enjoy!

_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2012-11-30 02:31 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#42433
Are you sure you are a beginner? Cause all of this sounds great, too great for someone who is just getting started in making music. Cutman now sounds better, but I don't want to say anything about the others, because I haven't heard the originals or I don't remember them. You did great, really great.

Posted: 2012-11-30 04:11 Reply | Quote
Warheart

Avatar

Member for: 5054 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#42435
Mr_Master wrote:
Are you sure you are a beginner? Cause all of this sounds great, too great for someone who is just getting started in making music. Cutman now sounds better, but I don't want to say anything about the others, because I haven't heard the originals or I don't remember them. You did great, really great.


Haha, thank you so much!

And yes, I am a beginner lol. But (unfortunately) I'm also a perfectionist. I don't want to make people feel like they are wasting their time, that's why I spend so much time when creating something with Famitracker (I think it took a whole month for me to finish Gravity Man). That's the reason why I didn't join the forums sooner because I want the songs to be good and worth listening.


_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3
YOUTUBE
Posted: 2012-11-30 04:44 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#42436
Warheart wrote:
And yes, I am a beginner lol. But (unfortunately) I'm also a perfectionist. I don't want to make people feel like they are wasting their time, that's why I spend so much time when creating something with Famitracker.


That's the same thing for me. I don't like things I create being not perfect(or close to it), which is, in some ways, an advantage, but it could be bad at some times, like when hearing something unperfect and giving off awful criticism of it. It's pleasant when you create something and it ends up being good, which is what you got with those covers.

But I still can't accept the fact that you are a beginner.

Page 1 of 1 Sort: