Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Banjo-Kazooie - Main Title (N163 Cover) Owner: Milos New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Banjo-Kazooie - Main Title (N163 Cover) Posted: 2012-11-10 23:01  (Last Edited: 2012-11-10 23:06) Reply | Quote
Milos

Avatar

Member for: 5360 days
Location: Poland
Status: Offline

#41878
Hello again, Famipeople.
I present to you:
Banjo-Kazooie - Main Title Cover!
I think this is my best cover I ever made. Enjoy.

PS: I wanted to give you NSF file too, but something happened with Famitracker MSF Export and every time I export NSF, file is glitching up.

_______________________
my site
my soundcloud
my bandcamp
Attachments:
banjokazooie.ftm (58 Kb)
Posted: 2012-11-10 23:08 Reply | Quote
Roykeru

Avatar

Member for: 5337 days
Location: Milky Way
Status: Offline

#41879
Nice job. I see nothing that needs pointing out.

Posted: 2012-11-10 23:12 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5565 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#41880
Beautifully done! Sounds perfect.

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2012-11-11 03:39  (Last Edited: 2012-11-11 03:40) Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#41882
The NSF sounds glitchy because your bass instrument (06) calls waves 4 and 5 in the wave macro, which you have not defined in the Wave tab. Simply defining those two waves or removing them from the wave macro will remove this issue.

EDIT: you made the same mistake in instrument 09 as well. Same solution too.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-11-11 03:55  (Last Edited: 2012-11-11 03:56) Reply | Quote
Dwedit

Avatar

Member for: 6533 days
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline

#41883
Just a reminder, when making music for the Namco 163, use as few channels as necessary. When you use more channels, the quality goes way down.
The N163 physically mixes the channels by playing their volume levels sequentially, rather than adding them together. More channels = far less quality.

Posted: 2012-11-11 12:24 Reply | Quote
acmfan

Avatar

Member for: 5378 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#41886
Dwedit wrote:
Just a reminder, when making music for the Namco 163, use as few channels as necessary. When you use more channels, the quality goes way down.
The N163 physically mixes the channels by playing their volume levels sequentially, rather than adding them together. More channels = far less quality.


In this case, I actually think that the anti.aliasing worked in favor of the tune, and made it sound even better!

_______________________
"This game is happy end." From Ghosts'n'Goblins
Posted: 2012-11-12 04:10 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#41909
It's all about making the most out of what you're given!

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-11-13 18:03 Reply | Quote
VALLCAR

Avatar

Member for: 5318 days
Location: DF
Status: Offline

#41945
Lol

Posted: 2012-11-13 18:10 Reply | Quote
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#41946
VALLCAR wrote:
Lol

Don't post if you have nothing to say.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Page 1 of 1 Sort: