Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > The Anti-Funk Faker Movement Owner: mootbooxle New post
Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>
The Anti-Funk Faker Movement Posted: 2011-08-25 03:05 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5545 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22311
This is the first chiptune from a thing I call "The Anti-Funk Faker Movement".

Dedicated to all old school Non-Funk Fakers.

<MOOT>


Posted: 2011-08-25 03:20 Reply | Quote
Fezuke

Avatar

Member for: 5566 days
Location: Le Gardeur, Quebec
Status: Offline

#22314
I don't usually listen to funk on my spare time, but I really enjoyed this. You had my head bobbin for a good 5 minutes while I listened to it loop 2-3 times.

Awesome work! I like the delayed guitar effect near the beginning, It sounds awesome.

_______________________
My 8-Bit Soundcloud
My Other Project Soundcloud
Posted: 2011-08-25 04:45 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5545 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22320
Thank you! That's what I like to hear.
Contributing to your Interplanetary Funksmanship.

Posted: 2011-08-25 05:04 Reply | Quote
furrykef

Avatar

Member for: 6751 days
Status: Offline

#22321
Reminds me of Tim Follin in some ways.


Posted: 2011-08-25 06:24 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5545 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22323
furrykef wrote:
Reminds me of Tim Follin in some ways.


Then I'm hitting the mark.

Posted: 2011-08-25 06:54 Reply | Quote
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5712 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#22326
Oh nooooo, Mootbooxle as broken out the perlin noise!

Nice track too.

Posted: 2011-08-25 07:11 Reply | Quote
Mex

Avatar

Member for: 6204 days
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Status: Offline

#22329
PLEASE GIVE ME A 4CHAN GOLD MEMBERSHIP!!!

Posted: 2011-08-25 08:35 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5545 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22330
Mex wrote:
PLEASE GIVE ME A 4CHAN GOLD MEMBERSHIP!!!


That douchebag from 4chan WISHES he could be as cool as the original Moot!

Posted: 2011-08-25 10:47 Reply | Quote
Dave
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 7244 days
Location: UK
Status: Offline

#22333
ha, fun stuff. this reminds me of Kulor's songs in some way. at the very least, i'm sure he'd love it.

_______________________
iridescent audio
Posted: 2011-08-25 10:52 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6413 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#22334
Now this is awesome.

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-08-25 10:57 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5545 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22336
Thanks y'alls! I need to hear some of Kulor's music I guess.

My goal for this tune: Graham Central Station+Sly Stone+James Brown+Rollergames NES.

<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-25 11:40 Reply | Quote
Weirdbananas

Avatar

Member for: 6466 days
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline

#22337
mootbooxle wrote:

My goal for this tune: Graham Central Station+Sly Stone+James Brown+Rollergames NES.


Dude, spot on :D I love funk and listen to it all the time. Your influences shine right through Really good!

I don't know if I really could call my own music funk as I draw influences from other things such as hip hop, jazz, blues and a lot more...

Posted: 2011-08-25 12:02 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5545 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22338
Oh man, Weirdbananas, you're funky as a mosquito's tweeter. *bows*

That's all I got to say bout that!

<MOOT>

Posted: 2011-08-25 15:07 Reply | Quote
Rushjet1
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6574 days
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: Offline

#22341
whoa, triangle arps that actually sound like they belong? Nice. Good song.

Posted: 2011-08-27 21:30 Reply | Quote
mootbooxle

Avatar

Member for: 5545 days
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline

#22477
Rushjet1 wrote:
whoa, triangle arps that actually sound like they belong? Nice. Good song.


Thanks, RushJet.

I'm really picky about what I do with the triangle, since it's really easy to make it stick out like a sore thumb.

<MOOT>

Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>