Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Pokey Means Business (VRC6) Owner: danooct1 New post
Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>
Pokey Means Business (VRC6) Posted: 2011-07-25 20:00 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6413 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#20472
Just a cover I've been working on over the past several days.

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Attachments:
poke.ftm (36 Kb)
Posted: 2011-07-25 20:25 Reply | Quote
Bradley

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

#20474
Dan... I am...

h a p p y . . .

_______________________
Check out my SoundCloud for both twangs and bloops.
https://soundcloud.com/aliceglassbaskets
Posted: 2011-07-25 22:45 Reply | Quote
MrFTBN

Avatar

Member for: 5710 days
Status: Offline

#20482
Cool. I considered doing this, but I didn't think I could make the distorted guitar that kicks in at frame 08 sound good.

What's the story behind this track anyway? I've always assumed it was supposed to sound like a throwback to a Mother/Earthbound 0 track, but I've never played through that game.

Posted: 2011-07-26 01:10 Reply | Quote
KM

Avatar

Member for: 5624 days
Status: Offline

#20489
Marry me, dan
also I loooove the distortion guitar sound it's fantastic


_______________________
Diamond Block: "A limit on how long between each shout must be added so flooding can't be done. "
Mops: flooding?
Mops: flooding?
Mops: flooding?
Mops: flooding?
Posted: 2011-07-26 01:37 Reply | Quote
kulor



Member for: 6994 days
Location: Phx, AZ
Status: Offline

#20490
Interestingly enough this is one of the first covers I ever did for the nes, way back on Famitracker 0.2.6! Needless to say this one sounds way better, but for comparison's sake: http://2a03.free.fr/dl.php?file=399

_______________________
'Cuz.
Posted: 2011-07-26 01:42 Reply | Quote
XERO



Member for: 5548 days
Location: Texas
Status: Offline

#20491
That was amazing. Great job.

Posted: 2011-07-26 01:58 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5685 days
Status: Offline

#20493
I'd say this is a good cover, but this has got to be the worst grunge I have ever heard. At frame 16 it just went beyond anything I could have ever comprehend. I hate to sound like a dick and all, but after the VRC6 pops in, how can you think this sounds good?

Otherwise, the obvious skill is there, and the overall composition is great. The grunge just killed it though.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-07-26 02:27 Reply | Quote
Mex

Avatar

Member for: 6204 days
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Status: Offline

#20495
@Raijin

lol you're dumb

Posted: 2011-07-26 02:30  (Last Edited: 2011-07-26 02:33) Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6413 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#20496
Raijin wrote:
I'd say this is a good cover, but this has got to be the worst grunge I have ever heard. At frame 16 it just went beyond anything I could have ever comprehend. I hate to sound like a dick and all, but after the VRC6 pops in, how can you think this sounds good?

Otherwise, the obvious skill is there, and the overall composition is great. The grunge just killed it though.



HEY THIS SOUNDS GREAT IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT BTW FUCK U YOU SUCK BUT UR COMPOSITION IS RLLY GUD GUY!!!!!

seriously? thanks so much, I really appreciate that.

by all means, do it better.

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-07-26 02:33 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5685 days
Status: Offline

#20497
Mex wrote:
lol you're dumb

Yeah... But I still don't understand why this is such a good idea. Damn, it's so low you can barely tell what notes are playing. The original wasn't that low pitched.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-07-26 02:37 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6413 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#20498
OKAY I FIXED IT RAIJIN SAMA I HOPE THIS MAKES U HAPPY ALL OCTAVES R HIER NOW~~~~!!!!! ^_____________________________________^

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Attachments:
pokey_fixed.ftm (36 Kb)
Posted: 2011-07-26 02:42 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5685 days
Status: Offline

#20499
danooct1 wrote:
Raijin wrote:
I'd say this is a good cover, but this has got to be the worst grunge I have ever heard. At frame 16 it just went beyond anything I could have ever comprehend. I hate to sound like a dick and all, but after the VRC6 pops in, how can you think this sounds good?

Otherwise, the obvious skill is there, and the overall composition is great. The grunge just killed it though.



HEY THIS SOUNDS GREAT IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT BTW FUCK U YOU SUCK BUT UR COMPOSITION IS RLLY GUD GUY!!!!!

seriously? thanks so much, I really appreciate that.

by all means, do it better.


I meant, your obvious skill is there, but it sounds too grungy. I said what I did because I'm such an honest and kind hearted soul that doesn't know how to form proper constructive criticism without completely shitting all over myself. Christ, I wasn't trying to offend you.
Sorry I guess. I'm not sure how I could have worded that better.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-07-26 02:52 Reply | Quote
danooct1

Avatar

Member for: 6413 days
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: Offline

#20501
By all means, you are welcome to post what you think will make it sound better. I probably shouldn't have blown up like I did, but I kind of take great offense to "how can you possibly like this"? Obviously, if I released it I was comfortable with how it sounded, and every person I've shown it to except for you hasn't had much of a problem with it other than simple volume level issues.

I spent some serious time on this and didn't expect to be greeted with "this has got to be the worst grunge I have ever heard."

_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
Posted: 2011-07-26 03:01 Reply | Quote
Raijin

Avatar

Member for: 5685 days
Status: Offline

#20502
danooct1 wrote:
By all means, you are welcome to post what you think will make it sound better. I probably shouldn't have blown up like I did, but I kind of take great offense to "how can you possibly like this"? Obviously, if I released it I was comfortable with how it sounded, and every person I've shown it to except for you hasn't had much of a problem with it other than simple volume level issues.

I spent some serious time on this and didn't expect to be greeted with "this has got to be the worst grunge I have ever heard."


In that case, I have to apologise. I said what I did without taking into consideration your own feelings in the matter. I have a bad habit of being completely honest without taking things like that into account as well as not pulling my punches, so of course it'd be natural for you to get mad. I did realize after I posted that though, that you'd be comfortable to like it before releasing it, so I'm at a bit of a loss on that. In all honesty, I'd probably be good with a simple octave or two higher, so all my bitching was pointless in the first place. Funny how that works. Again, sorry about that. I really have no idea why I'm so stubborn with the whole grunge thing.

_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-07-26 03:41 Reply | Quote
Bradley

Avatar

Member for: 5742 days
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

#20508
I don't know what you're talking about, Raijin. I can hear the notes of the grunge guitar just fine.

_______________________
Check out my SoundCloud for both twangs and bloops.
https://soundcloud.com/aliceglassbaskets
Page 1 of 2 Sort: Goto Page: [1] [2] Next >>