A new freeware logic platformer game for nes - Alter Ego. Download or watch a video (spoilers alert, it shows solution for few levels!).
The game has a lot of original music by Kulor. music created with FamiTracker and then converted into FamiTone (my sound library) format. Original FTM is provided with source code of the game.
Well, since I feel like congratulating him, I will join that site, and then never visit it again.
Originally, I had a complaint about the sound quality, but then I just increased the latency setting in NEStopia, and it sounds a million times better.
_______________________
Famitracker: the perfect combination of sound and computer geeks.
Also FTMan, just for the superlazy people out there. No volume or effects column 'cuz Shiru's engine didn't support them, and I could only have a max of 31 instruments. It was pretty interesting working in the confines of a real nes game!
Kulor; you know how to make a good track, even with all the limits that Shiru's engine has. Being able to do such things under tight constraints is an art & you're one of a very few masters.
Shiru; your programming's solid; playing this game reminds me a bit of an nes game I've played a while back (where you simultaneously control two penguins at the same time).
_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
Iceland's pixel color scheme isn't very friendly for a colorblind person
Aqua & Lavender I think. But very very hard to distinguish.
[edit:]
Done! In 45 minutes with 3 Game-overs.
I liked this. Frustratingly enjoyable.
[much later edit: this is why the thread turned gray again]
Added a screenshot of what I mean