Batroll Posted: 2011-06-30 07:08 (Last Edited: 2013-11-27 21:18 )
Reply |
Quote
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19058
Whatever this is, I've made a cover of it.
EDIT: Found out the original is called Happy H. Christmas by Drax.
Here it is . (NSF )
am i cool yet~~
rainwarrior
Member for: 5709 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19059
That video was wonderful.
The FTM sounded a lot closer than I was expecting.
Raijin
Member for: 5683 days Status: Offline
#19060
Good cover. I just know this will get stuck in my head though.
_______________________
Youtube Channel
Posted: 2011-06-30 08:17 (Last Edited: 2011-06-30 10:49 )
Reply |
Quote
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19061
rainwarrior wrote:
The FTM sounded a lot closer than I was expecting.
Why thank you! Why didn't you expect it to be accurate though?
Raijin wrote:
Good cover. I just know this will get stuck in my head though.
Ooh believe me it will. >:)
danooct1
Member for: 6411 days Location: Dallas, TX Status: Offline
#19064
fuck....why...but fuck...it's so accurate...i am conflicted
_______________________
NO LONGER BREAKIN THE LAW
rainwarrior
Member for: 5709 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19068
jrlepage wrote:
Why thank you! Why didn't you expect it to be accurate though?
Well, I wasn't expecting VRC7, I was expecting square waves and whatnot, and then after that I was surprised you got such a close approximation of the sound (and then even more surprised it took so few instruments).
In retrospect the instrumentation of the original was fairly simple wasn't it.
Mex
Member for: 6201 days Location: Victoria, British Columbia Status: Offline
#19121
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19123
Mex wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS
iunno, my sister showed me the video and told me I should make a cover of the tune and so I did.
TechEmporium
Member for: 6044 days Status: Offline
#19142
Wow... Just... Wow. That was the most accurate nes cover of anything I've ever heard! That VRC7 really does the trick.
_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-07-01 03:34 (Last Edited: 2012-02-06 07:32 )
Reply |
Quote
Javel
Member for: 5638 days Status: Offline
#19147
.
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19150
Drax! I knew the style with the sines and everything rang a bell! I saw t he name Digerati in the YouTube comments for that video, I had no idea there was a connection between Drax and that name. :o
Posted: 2011-07-01 06:19 (Last Edited: 2011-07-01 06:21 )
Reply |
Quote
TechEmporium
Member for: 6044 days Status: Offline
#19166
jrlepage: this one's for you...
A Batroll keygen template made with MASM32, uFMOD, WinAsm IDE & Drax's chiptune (source code & assembled binary included). Greetz to all the pros in the chiptune scene.
... If only there was an ASM library to embed NSFs & FTMs into PE executables.
_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology! )
Posted: 2011-07-01 07:06 (Last Edited: 2011-07-01 09:48 )
Reply |
Quote
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19171
My keygen is 241145421~~ ^.^
EDIT:
TechEmporium wrote:
That was the most accurate nes cover of anything I've ever heard!
[insert remark about wishing nicetas_c never sees this ever for as long as either of us lives]
TechEmporium
Member for: 6044 days Status: Offline
#19224
He'd probably just tell you it's accurate because you had the original XM file to work from. But did you actually do this by ear?
_______________________
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology! )
jrlepage
Moderator
Member for: 6542 days Location: Canada Status: Offline
#19228
TechEmporium wrote:
He'd probably just tell you it's accurate because you had the original XM file to work from. But did you actually do this by ear?
Surprisingly enough I worked using the video. I only found out about the module after I was done!